Bathroom Scales Recommendations?

Options
Hey everybody!

I have a pair of Weight Watchers scales (digital) and I am frustrated because very often I will weigh in the morning after getting up and I think that the number can't be right. So I weigh 30 minutes later (not eating or anything) and it's almost a pound and a half lower. So then I don't know which weight is the true one.

Are there any scales that are truly accurate?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Replies

• krystalraven
    Options
    I got rid of my bathroom scales. I now weigh myself once a week on the scales at the local pharmacy. I know they're accurate as they've been calibrated properly.
  • crazylilrae
    crazylilrae Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking to myself this morning as I stepped on my digital scale of they are more accurate than one of the old style with the needle thing haha. I'm tempted to get both and see if they weigh in the same, or if there's a pattern or anything.
  • Slivnfree
    Slivnfree Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I was going to switch to a digital scale as I have the one with the needle and most the time it is the same. But I have to zero it out every morning and put it in the same spot. I am going to go to Wal-mart today and step on a scale and see if it is the same as the one at home. Give or take because I have eaten today.
  • BEEUK
    BEEUK Posts: 113
    Options
    Anything by Salter.
  • CharityC2182
    CharityC2182 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have the one that measures body fat estimate and percentage water weight along with general weight. It has a menu to put all your stats in and it checks you daily to see how much water weight you are keeping in. It's great! I picked it up at Walmart for around $35 its called the healthometer I believe.
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    YOu know its crazy I woke up today and was super stoked my scale said 243.8 and then i went bathroom and decided to weigh myself again and i was 2.2 lbs heavier so not sure what the heck is up with that
  • imp8tient1
    Options
    HI! I have the WW digital with BMI, Fat, etc on it.
    Mine is very accurate. I really like it!
    Maybe change your battery in yours?
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    WE use the Withings, which syncs to MFP and others, but let's face it, your weight will fluctuate over the course of the day. If those fluctuations worry you, try picking the same time, the same day each week. It's a relative measurement, after all, and only one of many.
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Aria scale. Not sure about its accuracy in terms of weight but the BF% is highly suspect. I can gain 1% body fat stepping off and back on again. I think this is the case for all impedance based scales, though. I do like it for its convenience factor though.
  • stepplax
    stepplax Posts: 26
    Options
    Just ordered "EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale w/ Extra Large Backlit 3.5" Display and "Step-On" Technology [2013 VERSION] " from amazon. Has great reviews and price. No wifi or BF% but I don't trust the BF% anyways! Good luck!
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Google the scale with make and model then " reviews". I bought a ww scale from Costco and returned it because I thought it was defective. I looked up the reviews later and they were terrible. I ended up not replacing it. I weigh myself once a week at the gym.
  • teresawhitmer
    teresawhitmer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I move mine around until I get the number I want, lol. It never reads the same when I do that, I think its an conspiracy against us.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I have an Ozeri digital scale that measures bf%/hydration/bone density and lean mass. I realize they aren't 100% accurate but it is consistent and it is considtently going down so whether it's not 100% accurate is irrelevant if it's consistent. I would recommned it. It looks great too. Sleek black glass and a blue display. It stored your height/age/sex so if you're within a couple pounds of your previous weight, it recognizes you as user 1/2/3 etc automatically.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    whens the last time you changed the battery in it?....WW scales are pretty great I had mine like 4yrs
  • rosemary98
    rosemary98 Posts: 632
    Options
    After a lot of research, I have found Eat Smart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale to receive great review. Also, the company apparently stands behind their product. If you were to order online and find the scale to be defective, they will send you a new one with postage to return the defective one. I was told this when I called the company. Mine seems to work great. I have had it for a week or so. I also like the fact you can just stand on the scale and get your weight...no tap needed to turn it on.

This is just plain weight...nothing fancy like body fat or anything else. Though, the company does carry scales with more bells and whistles than mine.
  • aggiekaren01
    aggiekaren01 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I was looking at buying the Eat Smart one. Glad I read this thread :)

I replaced the battery in mine and it made it worse.
  • lolalaracuente
    Options
    I am a former Weight Watcher member and I have their digital scale. I am good and tired of the weight being different all the time. If you have ever done WW, you know that every ounce counts.

I used to go to the drug store scale weekly, because I trusted it. I also used to weigh myself on a commercial kitchen scale at an old job. The cooks were besides themselves.

lol

I might have to go look for a dependable drug store scale again.
  • carym135
    carym135 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have the Eat Smart scale from Amazon as well. I've had it about 6 months and it works great...I can step off and on several times and still get the same weight.
  • Amandab771
    Options
    Just as Ms. Rosie said, Eat smart scales seems to have the best reviews. I have one myself. (:
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Most scales will not be 100% accurate. I wouldn't spend the money to get a new scale. Weight fluctuations are normal.
    Your weight changes often which is why you should only weight yourself once at the same time, under the same circumstances. If you went to the bathroom the weight can be lower... in half an hour you would of lost some water weight.. etc.

If you want, test your scale for accuracy by putting a weight on it, a 10lb bag of potatoes or rice.. something of a known weight. Replace the battery if you haven't in a while. Clean the feet of the scale. Make sure it's on a level hard surface (mine weighs me less when it's on carpet and more if it's between tiles in the bathroom). Never place it on carpet, in between tiles, etc. Also make sure it's in a place where it's not bumped, moved, etc.