Ladies who are 5'2 , please stand up !! :D

Options

Replies

• luckyshilling
    Options
    I have more to lose than lots of shorties on here.

SW:183
    CW:177
    GW:125
    Height: 5'2.5"
  • LeviLeDoux
    LeviLeDoux Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5'2!

SW: 120
    CW: 102
    GW: 100

Almost there! Just two tiny more pounds to go! :tongue:
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    that's me, that's me!

eta: and I am probably way bigger than you, need to lose 130 pounds here

^^^^^^^^^^^^ me, too! Right now, I'm just looking at setting goal weights -10 pounds from where I am every 2 months.
  • stellad1984
    Options
    im 5ft 1.5 i started out out 1 46lb (10stone 6lb) in feburary this year ... im now down to around 129lb (9 stone 3lb) although i do seem to go up and down by a pound or two) my goal was 9 stone but now im closer to that i maybe am going to carry on to 8 and a half ... but doing plenty of exercise and body weight exercises as dont wanna be skinny fat ,but solid :) arms and legs are now how i want them really but my stomach is stubborn, probably due to 2 kids :) x
  • Nikki_G30
    Nikki_G30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi 5'2"ers!

SW: 141.4
    CW: 122.6
    GW: 117

I have found that I need to eat around 1400 net calories a day and burn about 400 daily to see the scale move. I workout usually 5-6 times a week running, spin and a workout class 3Xs a week that is a mix of weights and intervals and strength training. The only thing I am totally struggling with is lowering my body fat. The last time I checked, we bought skinfold caliper, was 28%. I have always had high body fat so I am hoping to get it down to 23%-24% once I hit my goal weight.
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I think I may be closer to 5'3", but still under that. I am 121 lbs. I am 40 yrs old, and I am not trying to lose weight, I am trying to build muscle. I've started back into New Rules of Lifting, after running for the past year. I am on Stage 3 of the program and I am seeing results already! My clothes feel a bit looser, even though the scale says I am heavier. I hardly ever weigh myself anyway, so for me, that's not a big deal. I would MUCH rather be firm and bigger, than thinner and flabby, any day!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Umm.. I'm between 5'1" and 5'2" and am quite obese compared to all who have posted. Pretty much where you all are at your starting wieght is where I would like to be lol. I'd be satisfied at 145 to be honest.

That would be me! Already lost 34 pounds, and am currently about 195lbs, and have been there for the last 8 months. I would like to lose another 50 pounds, but right now I have been working on body comp and general fitness. I am the same weight in all these pictures, and wearing the same gray tank!

8193374926_e25182cc2b_q.jpg
    0120100909 by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

8681875038_8398899acd_q.jpg
    march and april 2013 by crochetmom2010, on Flickr
  • She_Hulk
    She_Hulk Posts: 277
    Options
    Hi there! I am 5'2 exactly and I weigh about 115. I thought I was going to stay here but have recently decided to try and shed those last 5 pounds. My bf is 19%-20% and I would like to see it closer to 17%. We'll see. I feel I am so close to my goal, I'm just gonna go for it! I can maintain at 1600-1700 calories pretty easily. It doesn't sound like a lot (I thought it would be more) but that's the way it is. I workout 5 or 6 days a week. I just started lifting heavy 4 days a week and I do yoga the other 2. Cardio is pretty much 30-45 minutes 4 days a week. Mostly 30 minutes. My profile pics and diary are both open to anyone if you want to see what 115 looks like on us shorties! Good luck to you!!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    :frown: I'm always too short to play! :sad:
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    here is my before picture, taken probably a month and a half ago. i'm 5'2"ish..

153_zps3eca67ff.jpg

Bust 39.5" // Underbust 35" // Natural Waist 33" // Pants Waist 38" // Hips 41" // Thigh 21.5" // Bicep 12"

(click view image if you want..image is a tad too wide)

i recently got back on the wagon, but i am eating 1700 calories per day and doing strength training 3x/week. also, some cardio when i can fit it in. i'm down now to 150...so it's a start, i suppose. sometimes i feel like i'm eating too much.. but i think it would be hard to go lower. i have a lot of waking hours, where i'll get up at 8am or so and i'll go to bed at 3am.
  • nelms32
    nelms32 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I am a new baby to this site so far i like tho!.
    I am also 5'2. I tell others i got shortitis, when i can't reach things and have to get help.
    Anyway, i have not yet come up with my goal weight. Just kno i need to get some weight off.
    However i got along ways to go.
    As i sd i am new to this site as well as only second wk on my weight loss challenge so any pointers will b helpful.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and am currently at 175. When I restarted MFP, I was 205 (it was after my son was born) and before that was my heaviest at 243. I was told by my doctor to try and reach 152-162 (genetics are against me) but we shall see. Progress photos are in my profile picture thing.
  • MeowSkull
    MeowSkull Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Umm.. I'm between 5'1" and 5'2" and am quite obese compared to all who have posted. Pretty much where you all are at your starting wieght is where I would like to be lol. I'd be satisfied at 145 to be honest.

That would be me! Already lost 34 pounds, and am currently about 195lbs, and have been there for the last 8 months. I would like to lose another 50 pounds, but right now I have been working on body comp and general fitness. I am the same weight in all these pictures, and wearing the same gray tank!

Me three!!! Well, I'm almost 5'3 and trying to lose 63 pounds. I'd be pretty happy to be 130. I've gotten to 135 about 10 years ago and I honestly don't know how much smaller my body would let me go without bones starting to show.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 5'2" and currently weigh 119.3ish. My original goal was 120 but I am really quite small framed so going for 115. I would be fine where I am now so not stressing it but the goals are based on your body shape and where you are comfortable. I'm also 59 years old so not as stressed about my weight (as long as its in a good healthy range) as I was at 22 :laugh: Good luck everyone!
  • mccroskey
    mccroskey Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1.5...

SW - 197.6
    CW - 158.8
    GW - 130 (???) - not really sure, it just depends on how I look/feel. All through out high school I was 110-120 and looked sickly... way too skinny. But i've ALWAYS had that booty and hips about me. I do love my curves! (just not the extra curviness that my stomach has ... lol)

Not sure how to post a pic but my profile picture is my starting and then a picture maybe a month ago (at around 35-37 lbs lost)
  • miri17k
    miri17k Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft :blushing: ....
    SW: 144
    CW:130
    GW: 118
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"1.75 and made it to my goal weight which was 104, and then kept on going, down to 99 lbs and holding. I still have too much fat for some reason. I think I need to lift heavy and turn this mushy body into something more toned and strong.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and am currently at 175. When I restarted MFP, I was 205 (it was after my son was born) and before that was my heaviest at 243. I was told by my doctor to try and reach 152-162 (genetics are against me) but we shall see. Progress photos are in my profile picture thing.

You look great and you did an awesome job on your diet!! What a great mom for taking care of yourself!!
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    me me me!! I am small boned so the extra weight REALLY shows... I've been told in the past "you're fat but you're not big". I have small hands and feet whenever anyone gets me jewelry it's always way too big :/ my dream goal is down to 130 - toned.
  • radradradradrad
    radradradradrad Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    5' 2.75" :)

i'm back to my starting weight and just got back on the wagon this week.
    i'm doing Stronglifts 5x5 three days a week (m,w,f), cardio twice a week (t,t) and a yoga session on sunday.
    my current weight is 152, but measurements speak more for me, especially since i'm lifting heavy.
    i'd like to get down to 130 by the new year. i think i'd be happy there, but my ultimate goal weight is 120 by april.
    feel free to add me! i need pals to keep me motivated :D

good luck, everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!