The most Unpleasant thing to experience While Working Out...

Options

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    that extremely pungent perfume old ladies wear. (probably due to their sense of smell declining?)

Its not perfume, its moth balls.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Pulling a hamstring while you're on hills, 2 miles from your car and having to drag your leg those miles. The second unpleasant was speed walking the beach a few weeks ago and cutting the bottom of my feet a few miles from my car. The worst part was deciding whether to walk in the sand and have it grind into the cuts or walk in the salt water where it will burn, I chose the latter for most of it. Then there's always the runs/walks when I know I'm getting blisters early on and know when they've ripped. I hate that damn feeling. But it's not worse than the shower afterward. Yikes!
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    watching gross sweaty people leave machines without wiping them

This!

I also saw someone trip while running on a treadmill! She caught herself on the hand rail but dang that could've been bad!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    that extremely pungent perfume old ladies wear. (probably due to their sense of smell declining?)

Its not perfume, its moth balls.

lol but id actually prefer moth ball odor to their perfume.
  • Last2bfirst
    Last2bfirst Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Farting (three times in a row) while doing crunches
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Someone getting on a cardio machine next to you who has really bad BO BEFORE they even start working out....yeesh.
  • FitCurves444
    FitCurves444 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Being unable to zone out on some boring but necessary cardio marathon and getting desperately bored.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    getting sideswiped into a temporary traffic control light by some drunken *kitten*-hole at the wheel of a large van - fracturing my pelvis in 3 places, shattering the femur requiring almost 9 months of the "ilzarov cage" treatment (allowing bone to fuse, breaking it again, pulling it apart around 1cm, repeat until the leg is the same length as the other one).

Driver was DUI, Driving while already banned, in a untaxed vehicle, obviously un-insured, unemployed, and out of prison on probation, living in a caravan - no recompense, no point in suing the git as he'd nothing to sue for.

I lost almost 18 months of earnings - lost job, house, girlfriend and my confidence for riding the bike on the road for over 10 years.

Still - when I came around in the hospital, the Dr. wasn't sure I'd even keep the leg. A month later, he said "You've done great, but you need to realise you'll probably need crutches to walk for the forseeable future. 2 months after that, I handed him the walking sticks and he said "Amazing, but after the cage comes off, you'll probably still walk with a limp. A year after the accident, I handed him a Cheque for £1000 i'd raised in sponsorship for walking the UK 3 peaks...

But of course, YMMV :laugh:
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Early morning run, not close to the house and the that morning poo is about to happen
  • AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say "near death experience". Lol
  • Katrina_vw91
    Katrina_vw91 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Running on the treadmill while listening to my ipod, ipod falls onto the belt while i'm running, and falls on the floor at 5 mph :(

My ipod gets quite the beating :(
  • VictoriaVamp
    VictoriaVamp Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was doing jumping jacks 1 time, when all of a sudden a bit of pee came out, aaaaaaa!!!!

In front of my trainer and wearing grey pants, ha!!
  • rsimoneau1
    rsimoneau1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Gas, and being in small group training with mostly women.

and one of them farts.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    swass
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I was doing jumping jacks 1 time, when all of a sudden a bit of pee came out, aaaaaaa!!!!

In front of my trainer and wearing grey pants, ha!!

That actually happens a lot to some women I know when they are doing any exercise that has them jumping like doing jump rope etc etc
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    In before guys who say "if stuff bothers you, you're not working out hard enough".
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Dropping my iphone on the treadmill and having it spit off the back and under a book shelf. Took me almost an hour to empty the shelf, move it, grab my phone and put it all back together.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    jerking your earbuds out accidentally while in mid bench-press.

wireless brah, it's 2013
    Please tell me where you get such technology!!!!
    I was just thinking that. wireless earbuds? tell me more.
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    this guy:
    2l8z2w1.jpg
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Its not gross but it is bothersome..when guys hit on me while im working out that **** is annoying as ****. and when girls wear makeup then forget to take it off and they look like they are crying black tears....lol that just hilarious!