How much coffee to you drink?

Options

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 12oz cups of coffee in the morning, with 2tsp real sugar and 2tbsp whole milk. During the day, I drink iced coffee using Splenda and sugar free CoffeeMate French Vanilla creamer - maybe 3-4 more servings.

BTW, did you know that coffee is a good source of potassium?
  • davisjoshuac
    Options
    3 cups in the morning.
  • forthehungergames
    Options
    I used to have 3-5 cups a day at least. Having a Keurig helps because as stated previously, the cups are expensive. I limit my coffee to 1-2 cups per day now! Especially to save money.

Drinking too much caused me to be bloated and intense kidney pains so be careful with the high caffeine intake!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    63 ounces so far today. I usually do 1 Splenda per ~6 oz. and .25c of milk for every 12 oz.. I can't get on the black coffee thing; I've tried, but it's not for me.

Inb4 Airplane reference...
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I used to bring a thermos to work with me and drink it all throughout the am, probably 5 cups or so, but I used to have my coffee 2 cream 2 sugar so it would add up a lot of calories. I have now switched it to one cup in the am that I put in a travel mug to enjoy when I get to work and I now make it with 3 milk 1 sugar, so is a lot healthier but I still get my coffee fix in !
  • BeckyAnne4
    BeckyAnne4 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    all of it. black.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    x-all-the-things-meme-generator-drink-all-the-coffee-8ff9cd.jpg

Especially since eating well means it doesn't give me heart burn / reflux anymore!!!

I usually go for a cup or two in the morning and one or two in the afternoon. Maybe some decaf or tea in the evening before bed. I usually drink it black (especially if it is flavored), but will occasionally go for a tablespoon or so of skim milk. Lately I've been using these little half and half things at work that are supposedly 10 calories each. How has it affected my weightloss? Not negatively at all, and my afternoon cup/s help with the 4 pm hunger.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    ohhh, probably too much. For me anyhow.

It depends, maybe 2-6 a day (mugs, like a standard typical size coffee mug, about 8-10oz?)

I mostly use Coffee-Mate Sugar Free French Vanilla, but sometimes I like Half and Half with a packet of Splenda. (usually get something like that at a gas station or coffee house)

No I don't think it's effected my weight at all, good or bad. I measure my coffee creamer every morning, in each cup of coffee that I have. I will only drink coffee black in an absolute dire emergency. :tongue:

*edit, prior to MFP/logging I used to just dump some creamer in the mug and it was A LOT! I have gotten used to using very little per cup now. I don't like my coffee uber sweet anymore, just a hint. Still not on board with it black though.
  • vjm7981
    vjm7981 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    2 shots of espresso with sugar free vanilla syrup, ice, 1/2 cup skim milk, and some caramel on top. BAM! Homemade iced caramel macchiato every morning. Woot!
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have cut back to one cup a day with a raw sugar packet and creamer or 2 tubs flavored creamer. I am trying to get to black but at least no sugar. We will see!

I used to drink 2 packs of sugar or 4 tubs per cup AND I drank 2 - 3 cups so it DID affect my weight loss.
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    x-all-the-things-meme-generator-drink-all-the-coffee-8ff9cd.jpg

YES. I drink it definitely in the morning, and throughout the day if the mood strikes. I use half & half and Splenda. And I log it. I refuse to compromise on my coffee.
  • megan020103
    Options
    I don't feel so bad now! I thought I drank a ton of coffee! I drink 3-4 cups a day with just a splash of milk, no sugar.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    When I'm home I have "1 cup," if we're measuring it's probably 1.5-2. I only use about 30 calories in sweetener on a good day, 70 cals if I'm feeling naughty ;P lol

Then there are days like today where I get my Venti Iced Coffee from Starbucks which I put 150 cals of junk in :) oops....it fits my macros!!! :)

It helps with hunger in the morning as had been said....plus it gives me energy with my crazy schedule.

Now tea on the other hand.....straight up....no milk, no sugar, nada.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Now....none. 3 months ago...4-6 cups a day, black. Caffeine now gives me vestibular migraines (vertigo with some other weird symptons)

I MISS IT!!! :sad:
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    2 cups a day every day with creamer in it... yum!!!!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    One 'cup' a day, 3-5 days a week, depending on how tired im that week. I have mines black with 4 equals. Usually when i have a cup a get a rush and im not hungry anymore.... it helps supress my appetite....
  • monicarcaro
    Options
    1-2 cups in the morning, 1 for the afternoon work slump and 1 post-dinner!

French Vanilla, Coconut or Mocha flavored coffee from Dunkin Donuts is the best. I don't have to add anything to it, the flavor is just enough, especially if you add a piece of coffee cake/pound cake in there somewhere :-)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Caffeine addict here too. I was almost off it when I worked evenings, but I have an office job now and I pretty much have it on an IV drip now. I have it with stevia and a bit of almond milk at home, black from the Keurig at work, and americano with sugar-free hazelnut syrup at Starbucks. And with Baileys on the weekends.
  • larodriguez02
    larodriguez02 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am about 3-5 cups per day; whoo hoo to coffee. Since starting my weight loss journey I have learned how to accept coffee the way it is and drink it BLACK.

How much coffee do you drink? What do you put in it? Cream? Sugar? Powder? Has it affected your weight loss?

I do the same, very rarely do I add creamer or anything. I now only have a specialty coffee drink(ie starbucks, peets) on a rare occasion, maybe once every few weeks if that. I think it has helped my weight loss to cut back on my mocha's and such.
  • SkinnyMel89
    SkinnyMel89 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    One cup a day with milk and cream in the morning :)