Anyone else on 1330 calories a day?

Options
I've been trying to stick to 1500 a day and having trouble, but joining this site they tell me I should be at 1330 calories a day. I know there is some things I could cut out from my meals to help but I am curious what are some things you eat (or don't eat) to stay within 1330? I'd love to see your food diary if you are on 1330 cals a day.

Replies

• fitmomhappymom
    fitmomhappymom Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 calories a day and most days look like this:
    Breakfast -1 cup of sliced strawberries
    -1 serving of almonds
    -coffee with cream and sugar
    Breakfast total- 237 calories
    Lunch- Myfitfoods - Chargrilled Crazy Chicken-Medium, 1 medium meal
    -Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce
    Lunch total- 395
    Snack- 2 Cuties Tangerines -72 cals
    Dinner- Chicken Breast (Pileci File) - Skinless - Baked
    - Roasted Red Potatoes, 1 small potatoe diced
    -Green Beans
    Dinner Total- 372
    Dessert- single serve bluebell ice cream cup with cinnamon sprinkled on top
    Dessert total- 160 cals

Grand Total- 1236 calories
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1350 but I workout almost ever day and eat at least half my exercise calories back. Feel free to look at my diary :)
  • Mady1911
    Mady1911 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've got 1390 per day...feel free to add.
  • kfavulous
    kfavulous Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced neat lil calculator to help with calories burned and whatnot
  • Pudders27
    Pudders27 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1320 a day. Fell free to check out my diary. I'm pudders 27. We can share inspiration! ;-)
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I try to eat about that much. Some days are more, some days are less. Breakfast is usually coffee with heavy cream. Lunch is a big salad with lunch meat and some fatty dressing. Dinner is usually a hunk of meat with hot sauce and veg. I don't track hot sauce or coffee any more. Snacks are tortilla chips or peanut butter. Desserts are berries (whatever is on sale) with homemade whipped cream.

As you can see, I tend to eat a lot of fat. Fat helps satiate the appetite for me and make me feel satisfied with my meals.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    This site has me at 1370 a day. I try and workout hard so I can eat more calories!

I love making my own salads and taking them to lunch. I try and get creative and put different veggies in them or add a little salsa. I love eggs, so I will have egg white veggie omlettes, I look for low cal recipes and try them, it's kinda fun.

Feel free to add me. :happy:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    This site tells you 1330 on days you don't workout and 1330+ the amount you burn on days you do workout.
  • tinhockey3
    Options
    you are able to adjust your total calories in th the goal setting area. I found when I was at 1425 I was losing weight and when they adjusted my calories to 1350 I really struggled to meet the 1350 goal and became discouraged. for me personally, I am better off eating a few extra calories a day and losing more slowly then get negative feedback of feeling like I didn't meet the goal when I went over the 1350 by 30-50 calories. Maybe set your calories to 1400 and see how you do.
  • dmvarner
    dmvarner Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I fall between 1200-1350 most days if you want to add me/check my diary. MFP says i should be 1550, but i am on doctor suggestion at 1000-1300. Most of my items are fresh fruit, gluten free and dairy free due to some health restrictions but I am finding some good alternatives!
  • DaniettaF
    DaniettaF Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am on 1330 a day, feel free to look at my diary. If it's set to friends only (I can't remember my settings), feel free to add me. :smile:

If I get stuck when I have very little in the house, or are having a bit of a bingey day, I just do extra exercise.
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on 1330 and I think my food diary is public, so feel free to check it out. I eat fairly healthy, whole foods, and keep my sugar craving in check with a square or two of very dark chocolate per day. I also have left in my favorite lunch so that I don't feel deprived....Barbara's Jalapeno Cheese Puffs and jalsberg cheese....they give me protein and some fat and help me not miss bread so much. :smile:
  • DaniettaF
    DaniettaF Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am on 1330 a day, feel free to look at my diary. If it's set to friends only (I can't remember my settings), feel free to add me. :smile:

If I get stuck when I have very little in the house, or are having a bit of a bingey day, I just do extra exercise.

And also, if I'm hungry and want to eat lots, I try not to eat dairy as it is high fat and calorie, so therefore stops me from eating other things that fill me up better.
  • uunearthedd
    Options
    This is just what works for me eating around that much.
    Usually when I decide to try to lose weight I usually eat around 1200-1400 cals.
    To maintain I usually eat around 1500-1700.

I've lost 4lbs in the past two weeks by eating two large meals and healthy snacking throughout the day.
    This is what I plan on eating today to stay within that calorie range.
    Hope this gives you ideas.

Breakfast/lunch:
    Eggs w/ mustard of choice.
    Vegetable of choice.
    Coffee (black.)

Lunch/dinner:
    Rice or rice noodles.
    Shrimp or tofu. (Or other lean protein of choice.)
    Vegetables of choice.

Snacks:
    Vegetables.
    Fruits.
    Seeds.

When I was craving a "cheat" meal, I'd usually go for frozen yogurt (a small size is usually around 100 - 200 cals).

Whenever I track my food, this usually brings me to about 1200-1300 calories a day without me being hungry ever unless I work out a lot that day. But... Whenever I do work out or do a lot of physical activity, I always make sure to add a couple extra healthy snacks or an extra low-cal meal so that I'm not starving myself so that I stay in my deficit.
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    1360 here... Usually 1200-1400. Diary is open!
  • JerricaJinx
    Options
    Thanks everyone, this really helps! I'm usually a very picky person food ways but I am looking forward to trying new things and breaking away from the same (and most times unhealthy) foods. So it will definitely be interesting for me to see other's diets like gluten free, vegetarian, etc.
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    1310. And it's easy.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Listen to your gut and see if that 1330 is actually right. The nice thing about some of the TDEE calculators is that you can manually punch in what you do instead of going "I feel lazy so I'll click sedentary" and having numbers that make no sense even after eating your exercise calories. The numbers they give on those sometimes sound outrageous, especially if you're active and haven't spent the last month and a half watching the scale come up with losses that fail a sanity check - they're not.
  • mellenorris
    mellenorris Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1300. I think my diary is open? Though be warned, I only log thoroughly on my bad days! My clean days I don't worry about logging since I more or less go for the same thing every day and know what's safe. Here are my go-to meals:

BREAKFAST:
    - smoothie with berries, mango, whatever. Scoop of protein powder. V8 energy juice to blend. Usually comes out to just under 300 calories
    - low fat yogurt + Cascadia Farms granola (of everything I've tried, this brand always keeps me full), handful of berries. Also just under 300 calories
    - .33 cup rolled oats + .5 cup almond milk + 1 teasp brown sugar + cinnamon + pear. Under 200 calories, sometimes higher depending on how big the pear is or if I've got a sweet tooth for more sugar

LUNCH/SNACKS (pasta salad is the only thing I'll make a meal of, otherwise I tend to snack lunch):
    - veggie pasta salad. Veggie noodles, olives, broccoli, artichoke, whatever other veggie tickles my fancy. Usually under 400 calories - olive oil is the culprit, here
    - a big 'ole tupperware of snap peas and carrots, with a side of Kraft's "anything" ("everything?") roasted tomato dressing. Sometimes I just want to snack. This fits the bill. Under 100 calories
    - apples
    - Quest bars, LUNA bars (only bringing one bar to work, or I'll totally nom down more than one). 150-300 calories depending

DINNER (this is where I spend my calories!)
    - burger, no bun, avocado, A1 sauce. YUM. Like I would have this every day if it were practical
    - baked chicken salad with cashews, mandarin oranges... some sort of vinegar dressing - LIGHTLY used!
    - baked veggie platter - beets are our fave
    - sweet potato!
    - huge bowl of broccoli
    - taco salad
    - eggs sunny side up with avocado on an english muffin (also qualifies for breakfast I suppose, but worthless when you're on the go which is a requirement for my breakfasts!)

These can be sub-par meals for some... but what can I say, I'm fresh out of college and perfectly happy to throw a steamfresh bag of broccoli in the microwave for dinner on lazy nights! This stuff is always in my fridge and is more or less what I eat every week :) good luck!
  • uunearthedd
    Options
    Also I noticed you asked the types of things you should cut out of your meals, I thought I'd add onto my post with some of that...

Usually I cut out dairy products. No cheese on a dish can make a big difference in calories! Always take a glass of water or iced tea over milk. If you drink warm tea, try doing just some honey in there instead of sugar and milk. If you love your milk and cheese, you can always try alternatives... such as soy milk or almond milk or coconut milk. They even have non-dairy cheese!

I usually try to go gluten free (or mostly gluten free at least!) with certain dishes. I work at a noodles shop so I eat there a lot and am always making my own concoctions to make my stuff healthier. Usually I use a rice noodle or a gluten free fusilli noodle. If you're not willing to try gluten free, there's other types of flours and stuff you can use in your food... such as buckwheat or rice flour instead of bleached white flour.

I usually never add extra sugar or salt to my food. Instead of salt, I'll use different seasonings.

I also try to limit my meat intake. I'm not a vegetarian, but I prefer to get my protein from lower calorie options such as soy (tofu) or seeds or sometimes I'll sprinkle some protein powder in my oatmeal and stuff. For me, meat is just a bit too heavy and it makes me feel bloated.

I also try to step away from most pre-packaged snacks... I know that granola bar looks good, but you can make your own pretty easily and more healthy. Don't be fooled by protein bars and other diet bars too... they're usually just candy bars with added protein and fiber. If I absolutely want a baked good, I never buy boxed baked goods... always from an actual bakery or I make it myself. Usually mass produced foods has all sorts of crap in it you don't want in your body for weight loss, even if it is a lower calorie snack. There are some brands that are deemed "diet safe" and "healthier" but they're typically more expensive.

Also, I cut out soda COMPLETELY. No diet soda either. If you want something bubbly, I like to take carbonated water and mix a little fruit juice in it to make my own "soda."

This might seem like a lot, but with a little experimentation in figuring out what works for you, it's actually not that hard to do at all. Obviously there's going to be some things you love that you don't want to cut out completely. Moderation is key. Have your favorite stuff, just don't eat it with every meal or every day. (Even I have my favorite ice cream sometimes!)

I hope this helps at all. :)