Starting over AGAIN

Options
Over my 47 years of my life, I've been overweight for probably about 20 of them. I've done many "diets" over the years and lost weight only to gain it back again. Last year, I made a committment to excercise and lose weight. I managed to lose 25 llbs and started running. I did great and was quite happy with myself. I struggled with arthritic knees and various running injuries over this last year. Stress fracture and right now plantar fasciitis. I have gained back about 15 of that 25 lbs. I'm working really hard on coming up with other ways to excercise until my foot heels and watch my calorie intake. I do believe that this is all a vicious cycle. My knees and feet are having problems because I'm over weight but I'm not exercising therefore making losing weight difficult. I would enjoy hearing from anyone who has struggled in similar ways and has been able to become a success story!

Replies

• adoptionrox
    Options
    I feel like you and I are living the same life! I used to run, do triathlons etc. but gained weight to an all time high of 216.5. Also developed sore feet, knees, and plantar fasciitis, no doubt due to the weight. Its like a circle...need to exercise to lose weight, but body hurts due to the weight. I did recently invest in Orthaheel shoes for work and home and they are a life saver. My feet and knees are back to being ok, not great, and back to some light running, EFX, and weights. Still have a long way to go, but I certainly (literally) feel your pain!