Diabetic and holding

Options
Hi everyone,

I've been on this site for a little over a month and things were great at first. I lost 11 pounds pretty quickly but I've been holding there for the past 2 1/2 weeks. I can't seem to loose any more. I tend to eat very little during the day, but then eat a lot at night when I get hungry. I still never go over my calories but . . .

I'm also a diabetic. I've been trying to get about 40% of my calories from protein and 40% from complex carbs, instead of the simple ones, and that's help me not crash so much, but I still think my readings are a bit low during the day. Mostly they hover around the 70-80s. Could this be affecting my weight loss?

Any suggestions or help would be really appreciated.

Oh and feel free to send me a friend request, I could use some support.

Replies

• jacksonalan
    Options
    I'm a Type 1 and my out of bed reading are averaging 110. I get out and walk 6 to 8 miles every morning and take 1500 mg Metformin in the morning and 1000 mg at night. I was also on glipizide, but have backed off on it since my readings have been better.

I've been eating an Atkins type diet and just started to introduce sugar-free instant oatmeal a breakfast alternative. You may do better to eat 5-6 times a day, whether you are hungry or not. Let your body get use to a constant steady intake and it should start burning normally. When you starve it, it's going to store food as fat.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I'm insulin resistant and found working with 1g/protein per pound of body weight is helping my numbers. I've also cut all grains as I tend to spike and hold weight viciously when I do eat them (:sad: even oatmeal).