Heart Rate Monitor and Warrior Dash?

I'm participating in my first Warrior Dash this Saturday, and I want to wear my HRM. I have a Polar FT4. I've read it can be worn while swimming as long as you don't push the buttons on the watch. Does anyone have experience running a mud run and wearing this device? Thanks.

Replies

• NeverCatchYourBreath
    NeverCatchYourBreath Posts: 197 Member
    I have that HRM and I ran the Warrior with it. Still works great. Only downside? My watch is (WAS) white... lol
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    I prob wouldn't wear mine unless you were prepared to buy a new one. Water is one thing but when I did warrior dash it wasn't water... It was straight up goopy thick mud. Just sayin'....
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    *sighs*
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    *sighs*

What he said... Just go, have fun.
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Cool, thanks for the advice!
  • littlewhittles
    Thanks for the advice.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    *sighs*

^^ Wishes he was tough enough to do the Warrior Dash.
  • excitedaboutfitness
    excitedaboutfitness Posts: 53 Member
    I did the Warrior Dash last month, and from the obstacles I did, I wouldn't suggest it. Water might be ok, but I went in a LOT of mud. In addition, on some of the obstacles, you may well accidentally press buttons (I got rope burn on my upper arms).
  • littlewhittles
    *sighs*

^^ Wishes he was tough enough to do the Warrior Dash.

<333
  • littlewhittles
    I did the Warrior Dash last month, and from the obstacles I did, I wouldn't suggest it. Water might be ok, but I went in a LOT of mud. In addition, on some of the obstacles, you may well accidentally press buttons (I got rope burn on my upper arms).

That's kind of what I was thinking. Thank you so much for the advice.