I've discovered I like _____

Options
In my case it was:

* Yogurt: Just never paid much attention to it before. Now I absolutely love me some Greek yogurt, and am heartbroken there are no fro-yo places nearby.

* Oatmeal: Looked like glue and could never finish a bowl. Skip ahead five+ years and it's breakfast nearly every morning.

* Quinoa: Can't recall ever having tried this before. But there were just so many people talking about it and so many recipes around that it couldn't hurt to give it a go. And the taste test was a success!

* Couscous: I'd had it a few times, but it wasn't something I'd typically think to make. But the recipe for a Moroccan lemon chicken called for it and...delicious!

* Polenta: Although figuring out how to cook the stuff was rather interesting...

* Soymilk: Always in the house growing up, but I used to utterly hate it. I still like cow's milk, but like with oatmeal, trying it again after a few years made me realize I actually like the taste.

* Almond milk: Never tried it before, but now I stock up on crazy amounts whenever it goes on special.

So, how about you guys? :smile:

Replies

• pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts! Roasted with a small hit of something sweet - like chili garlic sauce.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Sprouts and asparagus, roasted, the sprouts with bacon and cranberries and the asparagus roasted or grilled with balsamic vinegar.
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Kale!

I had never seen before, but it appeared at my grocery store for the first time last week and I bought some. Tastes just like broccoli, but in leaf form! Easy to put into so many recipes. Love it :)
  • Veslus
    Veslus Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Peaches and cherries.

Hated them growing up, and now I love them both.
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I am now an oatmeal addict. I eat it on any day that I can afford the 45 grams of carbs (Gotta watch my sugar.)
    I also love squash and eggplant
    Yogurt
    Crystal light (the stuff is like crack. lol)
    Sweet potatoes
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    All my life I thought I hated beets and wouldn't try them. One day I ate one off my husbands salad and I loved it.
  • tilmoph
    tilmoph Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Carrots. Just plain, no sauce carrots.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    Hummus
    Asparagus
  • huajia
    huajia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yogurt is amazing.

I hate oatmeal, it does not satisfy my hunger in the mornings.

Quinoa, LOVE LOVE LOVE! I pretty much replace rice with quinoa now. Plus, those summer quinoa salads are delish!

Couscous are good too but I enjoy the texture of quinoa more.

Polenta ... hmm what is this?

Soymilk and almond milk are both pretty good but I rarely drink anything besides water or my morning juices.

But on the side note, I've discovered I like spinach in my fruit juices. Cannot have one without spinach now.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Protein powders.. always thought it's this big jar of masculinity lol. I never paid attention to protein intake, only calories. Now I realize it really helps me feel satiated.
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    AVOCADOOOO. One day I decided "avocado is good for you, so you're going to start eating it" and now it's one of my favorite foods. Tried the same thing with tomatoes but I just can't make it work.
  • HouseWolf1960
    Options
    Oatmeal with seasoned canned spinach (Glory Brand) mixed in. Sounds gross but taste good. Also oatmeal with stewed tomatoes.
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Kale!

I had never seen before, but it appeared at my grocery store for the first time last week and I bought some. Tastes just like broccoli, but in leaf form! Easy to put into so many recipes. Love it :)

I have yet to try kale...it looks a little scary :laugh: Which is weird, because I do like spinach.
    Polenta ... hmm what is this?

It's basically cornmeal - can be baked, fried, grilled, made into porridge, etc. But if you're boiling it you gotta stir the stuff like your life depends on it or it'll splatter EVERYWHERE :tongue:
  • SadFaerie
    SadFaerie Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    60% fat soft french cheese. I never used to like soft cheese, and I'm (mostly) Primal, so I don't eat much dairy, but I checked the label and it had perfect macros for my goals, so bought one just to try it. Now I'm an addict.