Someone please explain 2 questions to me!!!

Options
Okay, so I'm just starting out so don't mind the questions.

1. I added my calories up on a website assuming that I did absolutely nothing everyday,
And it came to about 1400 ... Just existing ... Can I add these to my calories burned per day?
Or is that already calculated for by myfitnesspal based on what I eat as well?

2. If I want to take a break from all of my 30 day challenges one day, would it count if I
Doubled up on my cardio and strength training one day than took another day off??

Lol again, I'm new and I honestly don't know.
Even though it maybe common sense to some! :P

Replies

• ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are expected to add more calories for your exercise. Why not let MFP calculate your calories, but please put one pound a week instead of two. You get better results. And then eat some of your exercise calories. Maybe 1/2 of them, more if you feel hungry.

If you are doing a 30 day and feel like you need a day off.... take it. The easier you make this on yourself, the more likely you are to stay on it until you reach your goals. Good luck to you.
  • RichardFL
    Options
    1. It's included in MFP's calculations. You should have filled out a question about activity level when signing up with choices like Sedentary, Lightly Active, etc. which is where it estimates the calories you burn that aren't logged.

2. A well-designed 30 day challenge should already have rest days. The workouts may also be giving a muscle group the recovery time needed by focusing on a different muscle group in subsequent days, and doubling up can mess with that and lead to increased risk of injuries like pulling a muscle. If your muscles hurt at all during or after the workout, be cautious about doubling up with that specific challenge. If you just sweat a lot and aren't pushing hard enough to feel pain or discomfort, you can probably double up just fine.
  • CardiC333
    CardiC333 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Aw it all makes sense now. Thank you guys so much. I did let MFP do my calculations, but I was just curious.
    You guys are absolutely right. Lol this was messing with my head. But I do think that my expectations were too
    High. I'm doing 4 30 day challenges and I'm following them all perfectly but I started two one day and two the next day, so maybe I better just stick a few days of rest in there and make it a 35 day challenge or something.
    Thank you. Xo