2»

Replies

• FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Yep... before.
  • browneyes97
    Options
    Honestly, I weigh my meat after cooking. I make enough for several meals and the pieces are not always the same size. How do you know which piece of meat will be your meal that time?
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I weigh my meat after cooking. I make enough for several meals and the pieces are not always the same size. How do you know which piece of meat will be your meal that time?

I weigh all food out to be 200g, 200g, 200g etc.. thats why.
  • PumpJockeyy
    PumpJockeyy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    After cooking would be most accurate. You can find the right entry for your log. Different methods of cooking provide different weights, therefore different nutritional values. (baking,grilling,boiling, etc)

Edit: This is for meat/fish. Anything that comes in a box/has a food label is the raw/uncooked value. (such as oatmeal. Measure it out dry then cook etc.)
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    most entries on here and nutrition facts on meats and things that need to be cooked are for the weight raw. so i weigh it raw if I can and if I can't I try to figure out the weight it should be cooked, not do like 4 oz of chicken cooked. Some entries will say cooked or grilled so you can use those. If not, just try to guess, like 4 oz raw chicken usually yields 3 oz cooked, so if you want an 8 oz serving as written on the package but you only have it cooked weigh out like 6 oz. For things like rice 1/4 cup or Xgrams is 140 calories, but that yields 3/4 cups cooked, so if it was 40 grams raw then times 3 would be 120 grams cooked.
  • dolphin1963
    dolphin1963 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i weigh my before cooking then you getting the real weight, but i want to know is, im eating low gi and in 90grams of broccoli , zucchini, green beans it says they have 2sugar, should i count theses sugars in the vegies??? its puzzling me i only get 20 sugar aday doesnt leave much for my fruit ,
  • devils44
    devils44 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    For meats, I always weigh after cooking and find the method of cooking in the database (I.e. grilling, pan seared, baked, etc.). I've been loosing weight consistently.
This discussion has been closed.