MUSHROOMS love them or hate them??

Options
I can't believe how low calorie mushrooms are and low carb!! Why aren't the given the acknowledgement they deserve?

Mushrooms are my new snack food, a whole punnet (280g) for under 40 cal and 1g of carb, please ill just live off them!

NOM NOM NOMMMMMMMMMM.

Replies

• brianx99
    brianx99 Posts: 30
    Options
    I love em, i can prob eat a pound of those bad boys ;) esp when i pour a little bit of olive oil and grill them on the barbeque
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I vote heavily for mushrooms. They are one of my favorite foods ever in the history of foods.
  • amitglinkedin
    amitglinkedin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    They are best...I love mushrooms:happy:
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms are gross. They are the bottom feeders of all other vegtables. Yuck, Yuck, Yuck!!!
  • shortchick19
    shortchick19 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Seeing how I find cow, pig, and poultry well nigh inedible, I have come to acknowledge the mushroom as the overlord of my plate. :9

Edit: I dib all of Jdad's share of the world's mushrooms.
  • angelgoone
    Options
    You can add mushrooms in just about anything and its just brings a whole new world of flavor to that bland meal. I sauté mushrooms and add into everything.
  • alannalemon
    alannalemon Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    100% love mushrooms! so tasty and they can make the whole house smell delicious if you sautee them! probably my fave vegetable! :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Adore them no matter what their variety or if raw or cooked!
  • kittycatmeowmeow
    kittycatmeowmeow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love them!! Probably not as a snack though..
  • oDDnySS
    oDDnySS Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Love 'em! Roasted, then sauteed with garlic, olive oil, dash of chardonnay, cracked black pepper and rosemary over quinoa and chicken
  • TRD66
    TRD66 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Can't stand 'em. Almost as bad as Brocolli and Brussel Sprouts. However sweetcorn is the worst.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    LOVE THEM!!!
  • ssm_1972
    ssm_1972 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I love MushrOOms, Soup, stir fried mushrooms with black pepper & garlic is just yummy :happy:
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    other then vitamins almost no nutritional value whatsoever but god do they taste great, except for cooked eww... dont like mushy mushrooms.
  • italral
    italral Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My husband always says he knew we were meant to be when he found out I hated mushrooms as much as him!
  • amitglinkedin
    amitglinkedin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Just got exited with this thread and created a new group for mushroom lovers..

All feel free to join..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15964-mushroom-lovers
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    I love mushrooms but preferably fried in olive oil with bacon and egg......... Sort of defeats the purpose though!
  • kerrygailis
    kerrygailis Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Love love love especially with garlic and butter so now need to find a healthier way to cook them so they still taste as good!
  • wfp76
    wfp76 Posts: 26
    Options
    Love them!
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    *noms mushroom*

A few seconds later...

-SQUEAK- *bounces away squeaking like a rubber toy*