Looking for Similar Body Shaped Friends

Options
italral
italral Posts: 31 Member
Hi all, I'm looking for friends of a similar height and shape. Although I am happy to have anyone as a friend, I think sometimes it is easier to share and compare with someone you're more likely to see in the mirror. I am 5'9", have an hourglass shape (which currently means I am just carrying weight all over), but I carry my weight well. I would like to lose 50lbs to get to 175. Once I get there I will adjust my goals. I swam in college, and usually hovered around 170, though I had a ton of muscle at 18% body fat.

So here's where I'm at now. I am less focused on my weight, and am tracking my BF with a monitor. I'm working out three times a week swimming and doing Stronglifts. I've always loved weight training, it's just been a matter of finding the motivation to get to the gym. I want to get strong! I'm controlling my portions with five small meals a day, I'm eating about 1750cal, and averaging 40C/25F/35P. I've done VLCD, low carb, high fat, paleo, vegan, raw food, and on and on, and I'm still here. I'm eating carbs again, yea, because I don't want to be on a diet for the rest of my life, and low carb makes me "fall off the wagon", give up, feel guilty, and then start the process all over again. I'm done with that.

So let's be friends!

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Hello, 5'7", balanced shape, currently at 162, heading straight down to 145. Used to be 172plus pounds! My settings are at moderately active, so I bike about 60min daily but don't log it. I am doing weight training and HIIT on an incline bike. I rowed in college and was a BRICK HOUSE. I am not scale focused. I did bodyfat today and was at 30.3 percent. I'm more interested in that measurement than the scale, for sure. I try to keep carbs low, as that feels best for me, I like protein! I don't give up. Ever. I'm also not diet focused...I believe I have reached a goal of making a life style which produces fitness and energy and beauty!
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Well not similar body shape, as Im a guy, but Im from Portland too! Also doing strength training. I worked on losing weight last year and have been working on gaining strength and muscle this year, but I plan on cutting again. Ive been packing on a lot of muscle, but some fat too, and there was still some fat from before that I want to get rid of. Im aiming to get down to 200 lbs, but like you, Im more concerned with body fat % than with weight.

I agree with the low carb thing. Thats how I lost weight in the first place, but man its hard to sustain. I get huge urges to eat cookies and cake and cinnamon rolls (my big 3 carby weaknesses). Just eating a normal diet while controlling calories is so much easier. And I like being able to sneak in a carby snack from time to time.
  • italral
    Options
    MinMin97: Yeah, I think I'm currently 35%, ugh. Luckily for me, I can put on muscle, so hopefully I can cut that down little by little each month. Unfortunately with dieting, I'm the same size I was six years ago, but weigh about 40lbs more, so I know I've lost muscle. I don't log my exercise either, I don't like how MFP tells you you can just eat them back.

Colorfan: Looks like you enjoy the outdoors too from your profile pict. I know, with the carbs, I like healthy carbs (quinoa, rice, oatmeal,etc.) and love veggies, but if I don't eat them at all, then I'm like you, I want the bad carbs like fast food and pie. Guess its all a learning curve.

Good luck to you both!
  • kerrygailis
    kerrygailis Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5ft 10 and 165 or 74.5kg I mostly carry weight in my hips and butt. I'm struggling with all the conflicting information people are giving so going to just try it my way for a few weeks. The only exercise I get is from when I work out or go walking which I have been doing for a month now. I want to lose another 20lbs. My body fat percentage is 26. I am happy for anyone to add me as their friend :-)
  • italral
    Options
    Hi I'm 5ft 10 and 165 or 74.5kg I mostly carry weight in my hips and butt. I'm struggling with all the conflicting information people are giving so going to just try it my way for a few weeks. The only exercise I get is from when I work out or go walking which I have been doing for a month now. I want to lose another 20lbs. My body fat percentage is 26. I am happy for anyone to add me as their friend :-)

Yeah, you're going to get a lot of people that say their way is the best. But you have to figure out what works best for YOU, something you can stick with forever. Best of luck!
  • DayDreamr_41
    Options
    I'm 5' 8½" I carry weight like this but I'm busty (not advertising... just saying LOL) You can add me if you want, I have 88 lb to my goal :)
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    5'9" here and a curvy shape :) Currently 177 and my first goal is 160. Oh and my BMI is currently 26.