Anyone else on 1330 calories a day?

Options
2»

Replies

• JerricaJinx
    Options
    Risk of embarrassing myself lol but what is TDEE?
  • JerricaJinx
    Options
    Thanks, it does help! I like the idea of adding fruit juice to carbonated water as the thing I am finding hardest to give up about soda is the bubbliness.
    Also I noticed you asked the types of things you should cut out of your meals, I thought I'd add onto my post with some of that...

Usually I cut out dairy products. No cheese on a dish can make a big difference in calories! Always take a glass of water or iced tea over milk. If you drink warm tea, try doing just some honey in there instead of sugar and milk. If you love your milk and cheese, you can always try alternatives... such as soy milk or almond milk or coconut milk. They even have non-dairy cheese!

I usually try to go gluten free (or mostly gluten free at least!) with certain dishes. I work at a noodles shop so I eat there a lot and am always making my own concoctions to make my stuff healthier. Usually I use a rice noodle or a gluten free fusilli noodle. If you're not willing to try gluten free, there's other types of flours and stuff you can use in your food... such as buckwheat or rice flour instead of bleached white flour.

I usually never add extra sugar or salt to my food. Instead of salt, I'll use different seasonings.

I also try to limit my meat intake. I'm not a vegetarian, but I prefer to get my protein from lower calorie options such as soy (tofu) or seeds or sometimes I'll sprinkle some protein powder in my oatmeal and stuff. For me, meat is just a bit too heavy and it makes me feel bloated.

I also try to step away from most pre-packaged snacks... I know that granola bar looks good, but you can make your own pretty easily and more healthy. Don't be fooled by protein bars and other diet bars too... they're usually just candy bars with added protein and fiber. If I absolutely want a baked good, I never buy boxed baked goods... always from an actual bakery or I make it myself. Usually mass produced foods has all sorts of crap in it you don't want in your body for weight loss, even if it is a lower calorie snack. There are some brands that are deemed "diet safe" and "healthier" but they're typically more expensive.

Also, I cut out soda COMPLETELY. No diet soda either. If you want something bubbly, I like to take carbonated water and mix a little fruit juice in it to make my own "soda."

This might seem like a lot, but with a little experimentation in figuring out what works for you, it's actually not that hard to do at all. Obviously there's going to be some things you love that you don't want to cut out completely. Moderation is key. Have your favorite stuff, just don't eat it with every meal or every day. (Even I have my favorite ice cream sometimes!)

I hope this helps at all. :)
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Risk of embarrassing myself lol but what is TDEE?
    Total daily energy expenditure, which is every calorie you burn in a day. If you want a great read that should cover most of your initial questions, go here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read
    And start at the top with the one titled: the basics don't complicate it.

Edited for proper link.
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Quote: Thanks, it does help! I like the idea of adding fruit juice to carbonated water as the thing I am finding hardest to give up about soda is the bubbliness. End quote.

My go-to drinks are Bengal Spice (Celestial Seasonings Herbal Tea) tea which I make in the morning in 16 ounce glass bottles with one tea bag to a bottle and some hot water, then throughout the day, I just add cold water to the bottle and it's grab and go. I prefer this drink at room temp. It is slightly sweet and spicy and needs nothing added to be satisfying. My other fav is GTs Kombucha (or actually the kombucha that I make at home now) which is slightly fizzy comes in different flavors, has B vitamins, enzymes and anti-oxidants..and best of all is only 30 calories for 8 ounces. :drinker:
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"3, and on 1300 a day. And eat back about half of my exercise calories.
  • nicolelynne92
    Options
    the 1330 suggested by MFP is just net calories which is calories consumed - exercise. if you're exercising, you can eat more than 1330. say you burn 200 calories, than you can eat 1530.
  • lkdad_nagy
    lkdad_nagy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You can check out my diary it's open to the public and if you want you can add me too