SW: 171
    CW: 139
    GW: 135
    UGW: 125

Mostly replying to look at pics later!
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Height: I'm either 5'2" or 5'3" (depending on who you ask. Hahah!)

Beginning weight: 214 lbs (July 2011)

before2011_zps65030962.jpg

Current Weight: 124 lbs (July 2013)

photo9_zpsfe5b2321.jpg

I'm 15 lbs. below my original goal weight of 139 lbs. and am now in maintenance. I run 4X/week (100 kms/month) and usually throw in some other exercise at least 1-2X/week (biking, Zumba, JM video, etc.). I try to stick to around 1500 calories 5X/week and have 2 days a week where I might go as high as double that.
  • megan020103
    Options
    Another 5'2" here. :) A little weight makes a huge difference on us petite gals!

I am 30 yrs old, mom of 2.

Currently 126lbs with a goal of a toned 115.

Work out 6 days a week.
    Cardio - Spin, Les Mills BodyCombat, Running
    Strength - Les Mills BodyPump & CX Worx, plus recently started heavy lifting to help tone up my big bottom. :)

I started out at 1200 calories - but have been going toward the TDEE method which is 1450. I would maintain somewhere between 1700-1800.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    As a short person (5'1") I'd say that if someone says to me "please stand up !!" I usually have to say "I'm already standing up!"

okay what was the question again?

5'1" currently eating and training for strength/lean mass gains, body fat percentage somewhere between 20-25% depending on how you measure it, currently 137lb :drinker:

my goal is to get really strong and my goal weight is whatever gives me the best wilks score

I think my body looks best between 20-25% body fat. I also think I look better for lifting heavy weights and eating at a surplus. I'll go on a cut if I think my body fat % is getting too high (for health reasons), but I don't intend going below the amount of fat I have where accumeasure says I have 22% body fat, I have tried that in the past but it caused too many issues, including the fact I didn't like the changes I was seeing in my body. But in all honesty my main goals are about strength and health, and what I can do, more than about aesthetics.

I have a large frame and I'm naturally quite muscular, i.e. I'm built like a not very tall brick s*** house, and my rib cage and shoulders are bigger than most women's who are much taller than me. :drinker: I think I have neanderthal genes.

It's funny you say this because as small as I am my rib cage is huge and I've always felt my shoulders were way too broad. Nice to know I'm not alone... maybe we just haven't evolved enough!!

it's the best body type for surviving ice age winters :drinker:

(short and large framed = less surface area compared to volume (especially if you also have relatively short arms and legs) = retains heat better.... though I'm currently living in Bahrain so this is not a very good thing right now!!!)
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" exactly. I'd describe my build as a "medium" frame.

Leanest weight was 112.0 (Trim - no extra softness and muscles were pretty defined; not gaunt skinny or bony at this weight - but not much to spare - seems to be a good fit weight for me.)

Body wants to stay at 115 (That's where I am now after not being careful over vacation.)

I lost at most about 1 pound per week while I was in a losing phase. (I started MFP around 126. At 126 I looked swollen.) I had to stay at 1200 calories despite active lifestyle and plenty of cardio. (More than 1200 I would stay the same or gain even if I was eating clean and running 1 hour per day.)

Good luck!
  • cicibeanz
    cicibeanz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    5'1...heaviest weight ever ~186 (summer 2006 and this past spring) Lowest adult weight 141. Current weight 173.6.

I am a size 14 now. My biggest issue is my belly- at my heaviest I wear a size 16 and at my "smallest" I was a 12. I am big in my whole trunk (barely fit into a 36 bra even at 140) with smaller arms and legs. Right now I'm eating about 1400 cals...not rushing anything, because I want this to be a lifelong change anyway. :)
  • 4bettermenow
    4bettermenow Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2"...brand new here.

SW 200
    CW 198
    GW 145

But realistically, my goal currently is 195...then 190...then 185...and so on and so forth. I cant look much beyond that, otherwise I get frustrated. Its a learning process I have found. One day at a time.
  • pugsleyjean
    pugsleyjean Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Fellow 5'2" girl here too! My heaviest weight ever was March 2013 at 163lbs. I am currently at 137lbs and working on getting down to around 120lbs. Haven't seen that number since high school. Im trying to get in shape and loose weight before my October 2014 wedding.
  • bekkahlokey
    Options
    Height: I'm either 5'2" or 5'3" (depending on who you ask. Hahah!)

Beginning weight: 214 lbs (July 2011)

before2011_zps65030962.jpg

Current Weight: 124 lbs (July 2013)

photo9_zpsfe5b2321.jpg

I'm 15 lbs. below my original goal weight of 139 lbs. and am now in maintenance. I run 4X/week (100 kms/month) and usually throw in some other exercise at least 1-2X/week (biking, Zumba, JM video, etc.). I try to stick to around 1500 calories 5X/week and have 2 days a week where I might go as high as double that.

You. look. amazing.

Holy crap! Congrats!!!
  • Spliceintuit
    Spliceintuit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5' tall.
    SW: 140
    CW: 121
    GW: 115
    It took me 90 days to get to 120lbs/121 lbs.. Maintained it on off for almost 2 years. It's hard to get down to my goal weight.
  • MFPWyatt
    Options
    5'2
    Starting Weight: 224
    Current weight: 182
    Goal Weight: 140-150

Plan on losing the rest by thanksgiving! :)
    Idk how to post pics but i will do a update photo when i hit 179
    my default is currently 189
    but i dont have a camera to take pics or a cell phone with a camera
    BUT thats only cause i switched phones will prob go back so i can take some more better pictures
    Sadly i honestly don't see a big difference but i know its there cause ive had to make 4 new holes in my belt
    and my face is obviously smaller
  • hopesohigh07
    Options
    25 female
    5' 3 1/2
    Weighed around 130-135 before having my daughter
    Then after i weighed around 140
    Quit work to stay home, went up to
    158 eek then decided if I wanted to lose it the sooner the better before my
    Metabolism really slows down.
    Aiming for 135
    Down to 153 in a few weeks
    Pretty sedentary but been walking 3 miles a night lately,
    Going to start more cardio soon.
    Some yoga at home, but can't afford a gym.

Not sure how much is reasonable to lose given that
    I had curves ( on my lower half lol) before having a baby and more so
    after so I definitely won't be "skinny" but I just want to be fit, no more flabby
    Stretched out belly, no more thighs touching,
    I want to wear a bikini and feel good about it, my stretch marks don't even bother me
    Compared to my excess body fat.
  • stephaniemwhitson
    Options
    37 years old
    5' 2.5" (that half inch is important!)
    SW 139.9 lbs (I refuse to admit I was140)
    CW 118
    GW 105

I lost 35 pounds about 4 years ago, then in the past 6 months I've put back on 10 or so. It's very infuriating, especially since I didn't really DO anything any different to gain it. I have a small build, and every one of those pounds counts! Currently I'm aiming for a net of about 1200-1300 calories a day, and working out 4ish times per week (cardio and weights). It all goes well until I start PMSing, then I fall off the wagon. I'm hoping that with the kids back in school I can get back on track! :)
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    26 years old
    5'2"
    SW: 164
    CW: 155
    GW: 127

I eat between 1200 and 1400 calories a day. I pretty much eat anything I want. I eat healthy stuff too, but I still have my fries and coke as long as it fits within my calories. I'm doing Body Revolution right now and am having great results with it. My ultimate goal is to fit comfortably back into my size 4 jeans. I'm a tight 8 right now. I liked the size I was when I was a 4. I still had my curves (my boobs may shrink a little, but even when I was 115 lbs they were huge, so I like a bit more fluff to balance them out), but I was slender. I only put the weight there because MFP made me. But really, I don't care what the weight is as long as I'm within the healthy range. It's all about the physical goal to me.

Oops. Put 137 instead of 127.
  • Yanagibashi
    Yanagibashi Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Sigh, I'm right there with you.
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    It's very interesting to read how everyone's goal weight differs, and at what weight each person feels they look best at.

115lbs is as low as I'm willing to go. :D I've been 98lbs and a size 00 and looked like I had the body of a 12-year-old boy. LOL So nope, definitely not my best figure.

I think there is a misconception often about what weight short women are supposed to be. We all have different body types, frames, genetics, etc. I'm not saying you think this at all! I just think you raised a good point.

Exactly! Especially as you get older the body changes. I've noticed I'm putting on weight in areas I didn't use to, and not putting on weight in places I USE to... it takes some getting use to. I'm pretty happy with my shape, I'd just like to trim it down and stop the jiggling. lol
  • AnneTanne0
    AnneTanne0 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1... But when I'm sitting next to someone who's inches taller, you couldn't tell who's the small one. My legs and arms are rather short, the rest is very average.
    I've a (very) slender waist, but heavy thighs and butt... This makes that even with my low weight of 46.5 kg (about 104 lbs), I don't feel comfortable wearing jeans. (I'm mostly in wide skirts that camouflage my thighs and emphasize my waist.)

My goal is maintaining my weight and maybe toning up a little bit. (I was really suprised this morning when I realized that those squats I have been doing lately made me already loose an inch on my thighs.... )
  • jesskreg
    jesskreg Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Fellow shorty here! :)

5'2''
    Total lost- 49 lbs
    SW: 205
    CW: 156
    GW: 140

I may continue to lose once I reach 140, but I'd be very happy there. I think the last time I was 140 was my freshman year of high school. Don't remember the last time I was below that. Ultimately, I want to be happy with my body, not the number on a scale. My short term goal is to be a size 8. I'm currently a 10, so I'm getting there. Short-term goals have definitely helped me through this process.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I started at 201. Ideally, MY goal weight would be 150. However, I'm also 38 years old with two young children. So, my real goals is to have 25% body fat, be able to pull-ups, bench my own body weight, run a 1/2 marathon, do a triathlon, to be healthy and to be in better shape than when I was in my 20s. Will this translate to 150 lbs? Maybe yes, maybe no. However, if I get the other things on my list and don't hit the magic 150 number on my scale. I'm okay with that.
  • amyrob56
    amyrob56 Posts: 27
    Options
    Age - 57 on 9/23
    Ht - 5' on a good day
    Highest wt: 158
    CW= 140.2
    GW= 125
    Lowest adult weight = 106 but I was too skinny and recently divorced!

I also am blessed with Boobs!!! on a short waisted frame they will always make me look and feel top heavy.
    I have long legs for a short person but am very short waisted.

I'm down 14 lbs since 6/21 but the going has slowed and I have been trying to break 140 mark for a week. GRRRR

People have started to comment on my weight loss and my clothes are getting baggy. Lost 1.5" in bust, 2" in waist 3" in tummy and 3" in hips so the inches seem to be coming off despite slow weight loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!