Replies

• Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Love them
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how low calorie mushrooms are and low carb!! Why aren't the given the acknowledgement they deserve?

because they are in fact disgusting.
  • splitendswoman
    splitendswoman Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Love them!!!! What more can I say?
  • gowrirao81
    gowrirao81 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    They are fantastic! The only "veggie" with protein in it ... love em! Some varieties even have more protein than carb in them, and then there are ones you can smoke ... need I say more!? :laugh:
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    yecch
  • TarshCooper001
    TarshCooper001 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    YUM!! I have em fried with no oil for brekky with cherry tomatoes and a splash of balsamic vinegar..
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Yum!! I add them to every meal I can!
  • phieaglefan
    phieaglefan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    No way. I worked as a guard at a mushroom packing facility during college. I guarantee you'd never eat mushrooms again!
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms are my favorite food.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,986 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms have umami........and a cepe sliced, fried in butter spread on toast covered in a good brie then broiled works damn well
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    other then vitamins almost no nutritional value whatsoever but god do they taste great, except for cooked eww... dont like mushy mushrooms.

..What else do you look for in terms of nutritional value?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,986 Member
    Options
    other then vitamins almost no nutritional value whatsoever but god do they taste great, except for cooked eww... dont like mushy mushrooms.

..What else do you look for in terms of nutritional value?
    I look at my overall diet, then broil those cepes in brie.:smile:
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    No way. I worked as a guard at a mushroom packing facility during college. I guarantee you'd never eat mushrooms again!

Those pesky mushroom thieves!
  • MaryLaura83
    MaryLaura83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Raw: Yuck!
    Cooked: So good!!!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I have never met a mushroom I didn't like, except the canned ones ( any canned vegetable is nasty).
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I love them. But they are a natural laxative. Over eating them can upset your tummy, esp if you have other tummy problems.
  • Gianna44
    Gianna44 Posts: 124
    Options

My brother works in mushroom research at a major university and I've toured the facility where they are grown and research is done. I didn't see anything that would be a put-off for eating them.
    Curious as to why you would say that...

Anyway - definite mushroom lover here!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Is this your first vegetable?
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    LOOOOVEE THEM!

I used to think they were gross (but then again, I thought that about almost all vegetables) but I could eat them with every meal. Mmmmmmmmmmmm :heart:
  • brandyme
    brandyme Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how low calorie mushrooms are and low carb!! Why aren't the given the acknowledgement they deserve?

because they are in fact disgusting.

LOL, agreed! I hate mushrooms. I hate the name, the look, the taste... just yuck. There are some things I wish I liked just for the health benefits, like fish. I hate seafood but I wish I didn't. Mushrooms are another story, I hate them and do not wish that I didn't. I don't understand how they even became a consumable... I mean who looked at a mushroom and said "Yeah, I think I'll eat that... it looks tasty"??