Florida sunburn! Yikes

Options
BonnieandClyde29
BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
Holy jesus it has been hotter than hell lately!!! Any Florida peeps here? How much water do you drink being outside a lot or with this heat? I have lived here my whole life and have been trying to stay hydrated but I get headaches everyday or anytime I workout and am in the sun!!!

Plus it's always awesome to know some locals or people in the same general area!!! :drinker:

Replies

• klyn05
    klyn05 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey! Im from FL as well. Honestly I'm addicted to water, but I pretty much always have been. I just did tennis yesterday & it was awesome! I usually work out in my house so it was a nice change, but I drank a ton of water the whole time I was fine! I get used to the heat after being out for a few and sweating! I have been here my whole life, When I say I drink a lot, I would guesstimate.. 1.5-2 gal per day. This is supposedly (kind of..) close to what I would need for my body weight maybe a "little bit" more, but what can I say, it is FL and I'm an addict!! :bigsmile:
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Right down the street from you, sort of. waving_smiley.gif I live across the street from the ocean so I'm in it just about every day. I drink more water since I've been on mfp but haven't really upped it any higher due to the heat here. It has been hot and sunny, though. I love it!
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    Awesome!!! I hate the cold, love the heat and the beach, but lately it has just been bad these past few days and a couple of weeks, like every other day I get a horrible headache, and the main factor is when I'm working out and outside, so I'm trying to stay hydrated and at least drink 8 glasses a day....A lot of people have been drinking a gallon of water a day, but I just can't seem to get that much in it seems
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i'm a florida girl.

yeah, it's hot and humid - but it's the tropics. pretty much expected. i don't think it's too overbearing, for August. but then, i've been here on and off for 13 years so i'm pretty acclimated.

i also drink a ****-ton of water. i pee like every hour.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    nice! lol yeah i love going to the beach and everything it's just after i workout in the sun, i get a bad headache everytime heat index lately has been like 104-108 degrees! yikes!!! i just can't see myself drinking a gallon everyday, i already before i posted this figured i would give it try but i still have a hard time
  • Drunken_WarHero
    Options
    Clearwater, checking in!
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Winter Garden (Orlando suburb) here. I love me some water, drink 4-5 liters a day at minimum without even trying to track it.
  • leduque
    leduque Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Drink, apply sunblock, repeat!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Clearwater native here, I drink at least 3-4 liters a day, plus more if I'm going to be outside longer (or, if like Monday, my A/C goes out and doesn't get fixed until Tuesday evening). One thing that I do if I've been outside too long and I'm getting a headache is take a cool shower, and mix my water with some gatorade for a glass or two just to help boost my electrolytes a bit and take an aspirin.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Lakeland here. Would love to have local friends. Moved there about half a year ago, and have met three people out here so far. Hopefully, I can meet more Lakeland-ians. :-)
  • CandelLife
    CandelLife Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Port St John, Florida checking in! Yes, drink loads and loads of water!
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I am in Tampa and I don't like leaving my house haha its even still hot with the a/c on!