How to conceal terrible stretch marks?! NEED HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Wear the bikini! As others have said, spray tan may help conceal your stretch marks in the short term.

In the long term, learn to love (or at least accept) them! They will fade with time, but you will likely never get rid of them completely.
  • Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I know all of you are being nice but as much as I hate to say it college age kids can be very cruel. I remember when I was in college a girl in the group had a baby. I was not close to her but several of the boys were making very rude comments about her being one giant stretch mark. They called her names all the time I felt so bad for her.

You are a young woman and young men are going to notice you whether you wear a bikini or a one piece. If you stretch marks are still angry red and purple as you say. I suggest you get a one piece you can find one that will make you look fantastic and cover most of the stretch marks. In a year or two when they fade then get your bikini.

They are right most people do get stretch marks in their life. But at the stage you are at with the stretch marks being so prominent you don't want some cruel nickname attached to you that will hang on long after your stretch marks are gone. Not that the people who love and know you will care but they will remember and feel sorry for you.

This is what I would tell you if you were my daughter. Unfortunately life has a way of being cruel and you need to protect yourself.

see but im like screw those people, why would anybody want to be friends with or impress people who would tease somebody and call them names because of stretch marks? those boys making rude comments? those are not the people you want as your friends. what i tell my kid (who is seven years old) is to hang out with the people who are nice to you and if people are unkind they are not worth your time.

i have hella stretch marks. i birthed two whole people. the marks faded and are not angry and red anymore but they still show up. especially with a tan. a good number of adults have stretch marks for various reasons. its not a big deal. if they make you really uncomfortable wait a few years in a one piece and they will fade. but dont cover your body because of what other people think or say. life is wayyy to short for that crap.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I always think that a one piece swimsuit looks more sleek, elegant, and sexier than a bikini. If you want more coverage, there are styles with skirts, and even full coverage swimsuits for sun protection. Looking beautiful isn't about how much skin you show.

If you want to wear the bikini, go ahead. But it's not the only way to celebrate your weight loss.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I always think that a one piece swimsuit looks more sleek, elegant, and sexier than a bikini.

Depends on your body type. One pieces (and I've tried many cuts) shorten my torso and make me look rounder than I am.
  • lithezebra
    Options
    I always think that a one piece swimsuit looks more sleek, elegant, and sexier than a bikini.

Depends on your body type. One pieces (and I've tried many cuts) shorten my torso and make me look rounder than I am.

Ah well. I disagree. I particularly prefer the one piece on shorter torsos. But everyone gets to have their own opinion.
  • rml_16
    Options

Ah well. I disagree. I particularly prefer the one piece on shorter torsos. But everyone gets to have their own opinion.
    I didn't say I HAVE a shorter torso. I said it makes my torso look short.

How can you disagree about what a one-piece does for and to my figure when you've never seen me in or out of a bathing suit? I only pointed out that one pieces are not always the best choice, depending on body type. This is true, no matter what. Just like some people can't wear straight cut jeans or pull off jeggings. It just is.
  • lithezebra
    Options

How can you disagree about what a one-piece does for and to my figure when you've never seen me in or out of a bathing suit? I only pointed out that one pieces are not always the best choice, depending on body type. This is true, no matter what. Just like some people can't wear straight cut jeans or pull off jeggings. It just is.

I didn't comment on your figure. Why would I?
  • rml_16
    Options

I didn't comment on your figure.
    I said that *I* don't look good in one-pieces and stated why. You responded with, "I disagree."
  • JavaJael
    JavaJael Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    They fade, I know they're embarrassing. Spray tans and self tanner creams *can* even them out a little, but some spray tans have made mine worse. So if you're going to try that - try it soon so that if it doesn't work out - you have time to loofah it off before you go.

I had stretch marks on my hips and breasts just from going through puberty. :/ Now I have a tonne more from gaining weight fast in college, and then 2 pregnancies. I know they suck - but hey be glad you don't have a tonne of loose skin?

Be proud of the hard work you have done to get to where you are. Take courage in the fact that you are going with your friends who KNOW what you have accomplished and who are super excited for you. They will (or should!!) surround you with positive energy. Most of all - life is short, go and had fun! Focus on all the positive things and try to let the negative things go. (easier said than done I know). I so wish I had the money to go on a spring break trip when I was in University!!!
  • lithezebra
    Options
    Getting back to the topic of the thread, I think that there are laser treatments for scars and stretch marks. Just do your research before you invest in something like that.
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    what about one of the one pieces that have the sides cut out? I dont even know if they are considered one pieces...

I am not saying that you need to or should cover up your stretch marks. But if you are uncomfortable with them, something like that might make you feel better.

And they do fade over time, just not fast enough!!
  • time2change14
    Options
    Thank you for the responses everyone! You guys have given me more confidence. :)
    I know I can wear a one-piece to cover most of the stretch marks, but this is the first time in my life that I have a flat stomach. And in a one-piece you can't see my stomach. I might look into some sexy one pieces though. And I definitely should get a spray tan either way because I'm pretty patsy.
  • tomgonz60
    Options
    Hi my name is Tom,
    I had a friends who just gave birth to a beautiful child about a month ago,
    she told me that stretch marks are difficult to conceal but proper diet and
    extreme workout made her marks less visible.. though it is still there, but hey
    she's take the marks out slowly...

Thomas Gonzalez of
    www.startattracting.net