MUSHROOMS love them or hate them??

Options

Replies

• arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I love them and my SO hates them... Really difficult to incorporate them when I cook since I cook for us together..
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I love mushrooms. My ex-roommate hated them.

Although he never seemed to have a problem eating my leftover pizza, even when it had extra mushrooms...
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Cooked? :drinker:

Raw? :sick:
    this
  • valebie
    valebie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love them! If I could I would eat them with just about every meal. Lol.
  • valebie
    valebie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could season them the way you want and put them off to the side until you put your meal together. Usually I have to do that since most people I'm around don't seem to like them very much.
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    used to like them in College. Had a bad trip, so not so much any more
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Love them, especially portabella and baby bella mushrooms. Great mixed in rice dishes, pasta, sauteed in butter or olive oil and then put with chicken, on pizza, etc. I also like mushrooms paired with peas or green beans for a great veggie side dish. Here is a recipe for a great rice side dish I make sometimes (also works well as a vegetarian meal):

http://glutenfree10itemsorless.wordpress.com/2013/08/09/mushroom-pea-and-onion-brown-rice-pilaf/

I always have almost always have a container of baby bella mushrooms in my fridge. Now I will need to throw some in my dinner tonight.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I only like them if they're cooked =P
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love mushrooms. I'm more of a fan of them cooked than raw. I can eat eat a whole bowl of cooked mushrooms.

Mushroom sauce over spaghetti squash makes a deliciously filling low calorie meal or side dish when you are really hungry but running low on calories.
  • Snapshotgirl
    Snapshotgirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Ewwww! Mushrooms are nasty!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    LOVE me some poo growin fungus!!!

num num num
  • LabAgility
    LabAgility Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Love them! Sautéed with garlic in a bit of olive oil. I have been eating a lot of them.

My most recent favorite is 8 ounces of mushrooms, sautéed with garlic, scrambled with two eggs and an ounce of tomato basil feta. Yum!!!
  • piersons
    piersons Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love them!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    They are absolutely disgusting. Blerch.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    No way. I worked as a guard at a mushroom packing facility during college. I guarantee you'd never eat mushrooms again!

I doubt it would stop me.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Love them.
    In things (omlettes, stews, bakes) on things (toast, crusty bread) under things (with tomato sauces, etc) and even dipped in salsa or garlic mayo for an evening treat.
    They don't need fat to heat (microwave briefly before piling on toast or whatever) and there are so many types to try.
    When I walk the dog in the autumn we find the huge flat field ones and they make free food.
    What's not to love?

:love:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    HateHateHateHateHate
  • CeriGrindrod
    CeriGrindrod Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have never met a mushroom I didn't like, except the canned ones ( any canned vegetable is nasty).
    agreed.. vegetables in a can are just a total NO GO for me.... uch.. doesn't have the same flavours and mushrooms in a can are slimy and wet.. ew :grumble: