Support Needed ( or a swift kick in the butt is welcome too)

Options
Hey All,

I'm definitely in need of some support or as the title states a swift kick in the butt to get me back and living a healthy lifestyle. Recently, I've experienced a lot of major life changes: getting married; moving to the UK from the USA; getting a new job; setting up a new house and all the fun stuff which comes with basically a whole new life. They have all been positive changes, but they have left me feeling overwhelmed and exhausted. I've lost a lot of my motivation to live a healthy lifestyle. I'm a 2x Ironman so I know what it takes but finding the inner strength has been a struggle. I've gained roughly 25 pounds since my last IM in Nov and want to get back into a feel good size. So any help/words/friends that can be added would be very welcomed. Good luck everyone!

Replies

• jbs2travel
    jbs2travel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow - you have had a lot of changes to your life. Take the time to relax and let yourself adjust. From what you posted, you know what needs to be done and when you are ready you will do it. Be good to yourself!
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like. I've lost 32lbs since May. Have about 10-15 to go. I'm currently on Day 16 of Insanity & I also run.
  • crazorbaq
    crazorbaq Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me you are exhausted. You need to take some time and slow it down. Find an enjoyable activity like walking, or bicycling and explore your new surroundings. Get comfortable with where you are and the changes around you. After all, you are an Ironman....that doesn't just go away over night. You will be able to meet your goals, but I strongly feel you need to regroup for awhile. ENJOY LIFE!!! and congrats!
  • LadynNY
    LadynNY Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow...that is a LOT of change. As they say...too much of a good thing can definitely take it's toll. The first thing you need to do is REST!! Breathe in your new environs. Give yourself time to take it all in. Your focus lately has been so much about your exterior life. It's time to let the dust settle while you find that calm place inside that will guide you to what needs doing for you and you alone. Time to focus on your needs. You are speaking your needs. Good, because you need help getting centered. But again...external. You said you know what to do, and I believe you. Get quiet, get centered; so you can believe it again and do it again. It's all inside waiting for you to flip the switch. You have this one. Go for it!
  • audraws12
    audraws12 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. All the kinds words were greatly appreciated. Took the weekend to rest and starting fresh this morning. Definitely needed to find my center and the rest will fall into place. Hope your workouts go well today!