Avocado

Options
How do you eat yours? And please don't say you're putting peanut butter on it.

Replies

• IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    chopped with a tsp of olive oil and a little salt, or mashed with some onion, lime, garlic and cilantro (guac) or for a treat, chopped with a sprinkle of brown sugar!
  • horrorstory
    horrorstory Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Multiple ways!

1. slice it in half, put a little salk on top and eat the half with a spoon. Delish.
    2. one piece of toast, a little butter and some avacado to top it off
    3. in a chicken/mixed greens/avacado wrap
    4. mashed up with some lemon and salt, then dip some healthy crackers

Im pretty simple when it comes to foods, my fave is just eating it straight up.

edit for spelling...
  • Ayne6246
    Ayne6246 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Best way is just sliced with a little coarse ground sea salt but I also put it in salads and use less dressing this way. I also love guacamole and frequently use that instead of salad dressing.
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    On a whole wheat turkey sandwich! Feel free to add sprouts and a slice of bacon...hmmmmmmmmmm
  • kellyr730
    kellyr730 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've heard you can replace the fat in cookies or brownies with it (still fat but the healthier kind obviously :-))

Guacamole or slicing it up on a chicken or turkey sandwich is great. Putting it in a smoothie is good too!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Sliced up on egg sammiches :happy:
  • CoozyRoo
    CoozyRoo Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Chooped up in salads, sliced or mixed in with soups (black been vegetable yum!), with some lemon/lime/seasoning for guacamole, in place of mayo on sandwiches, in place of mayo for tuna or chicken salad, mix in with some hummus, you can sub it into most recipes that call for oil (even desserts!).
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    i love love love avocado smoothies with a little cocoa powder(but hey i'm weird).

i also love to cut an avocado in half, mix brown rice, peppers, onions and chedder cheese in a bowl, scoop out just a lil cado, fill it up like a mini bowl, and bake it off.

oh yeah, guacamole is good too. lil onion, garlic salt, lime juice, tomato, om nom nom
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I often just cut it in half, remove the pit, and eat it straight out of the shell. I eat it plain, but I know of people who like to add some salt or Worcestershire sauce.

I also like it sliced in salad or on a sandwich or burger.
  • cilu90
    cilu90 Posts: 31
    Options
    Split and sprinkled with lime or Cholula hot sauce. Sometimes I put tuna in a half and drizzle with vinagrette or citrus juice. Peach mango salsa on a half is good, too. Oh, and it goes great sliced and served with fish and shellfish. Use in place of mayo in some foods like sandwich and salads. Very versatile food!
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I like mine on a open faced toasted english muffin topped with tomato and onion with salt/pepper. On a side note, does anyone else get an upset stomach when they eat avocado?? I do, and can't eat it often, but my gawd, I love it!!!

Edited: spelling and forgot salt & pepper lol
  • mrsjoyw
    mrsjoyw Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My favorite and only way, with a spoon!! Nothing added, just slice and spoon!!
  • TashiaInKC
    Options
    A tiny bit of olive oil and lemon pepper...its delicious!
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I put it on almost all my sandwiches.. not the peanut butter ones though!
    I also make quac
    and eat them plain sliced.
  • DaniettaF
    DaniettaF Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    In a wrap or sandwich :)
  • ilmb87
    ilmb87 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My favorite and only way, with a spoon!! Nothing added, just slice and spoon!!

THIS. I'll also eat it as a mayo substitute.
  • angeltg
    angeltg Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Chopped up in a chunky salsa. Yummy!!!
  • Sonj1973
    Sonj1973 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :)
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I usually mash it up and spread it on a piece of toast. Add some salt and lots of pepper. Yummy!

I also mash it up and use it as a mayo sub... mashed, add some salt and pepper and you're good to go.
  • jmoliveson
    jmoliveson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Plain with a tiny bit of salt!