50 down, 50 to go! ~pics~

Options
I rarely read people's stories on here, so I'll be brief...

I've been fat since puberty and never could shake it. Tried everything (including half-assed MFP effort) and nothing worked for me. Finally, something clicked and on January 2 (day after NYE hangover) I started tracking everything. I kept doing it, and I've lost 50 lbs!

Things that are working for me:
~Try to stay under 1300 calories (it was 1500 until I plateaued in June... the decrease has been a success)
~Daily exercise -at least 30 min, and it's pretty hardcore)
~Drinking my weight in water every day (seriously, about 16oz every hour while I'm at work)
~Fruits and veggies (I snack all day long... always have to be stuffing my face with food)
~Educating myself on nutrition
~No tracking on weekends
~Having a good support group on MFP
~No tracking or eating exercise calories
~Setting small, attainable goals
~A mantra, if you will. In my head, I tell myself that "Skinny girls don't ___________" (and fill in the blank with whatever bad choice I'd really like to make)

Things I'd like to start doing:
~Making lunch my big meal, and have a smaller dinner --- A recent study shows.....
~Stick to the 1/2 plate rule - half of your plate should be veggies at every meal

I can tell you one thing for sure... losing weight is about 90% diet and 10% exercise. I have been very active for years, doing bootcamps, running 5K's and bicycling, and for years I was the 250lb chick doing all of these activities. I didn't lose a pound until I completely overhauled my diet and changed my relationship with food.

I am a foodie, and I think about food and chocolate and stuffing my face all the time. I'm pretty sure I'll always be the fat girl inside, really wanting to shove cookies by the handful in my mouth, but the Badass Skinny Girl inside me is always there to remind me that "skinny girls don't _____"

Feel free to add me. My diary is open and public, and I've got another 50 to lose if you care to be inspired :)

Also, I want to give a shout out to Daniel and Kelly at FitnessBlender.com
THOSE are some serious workouts!! Free online full length workout videos, and there is an awesome variety of workout styles. Check them out! I do those workouts several times a week and I feel so strong!! Hardcore!

Thanks for reading and good luck!

Well crap. Looks like I screwed up the dates on my pics, but I'm certainly not going through THAT process again. The fat ones are all 2012.

2bdf5343-e7ee-4982-a0c9-e732539d1418_zpsde3489cf.jpg
4294b30e-ab8d-4a49-8655-efcf95d08be9_zps2721f7af.jpg
026ca2c3-f9bc-4381-98c6-88c1de487430_zps060d539f.jpg
ac3634c2-0579-46dc-a3c6-529a6a2dcaa8_zpsc0a84176.jpg
180148e6-b9b8-4947-baca-5da8aa33abdc_zps70afa51d.jpg
e86c42fa-61e6-4f95-86d9-b1076f608589_zps00306dd1.jpg
825b6363-0383-46e1-bc66-3ae089a12bc0_zps53f0288b.jpg
2bcf8cc0-462a-4766-8171-6f36e28c05d5_zps9cbfcd8a.jpg
43b9009d-c2aa-4d78-928e-6689819f9589_zps1e065d0b.jpg

Replies

• LoveLoveandRage
    LoveLoveandRage Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing job! Congratulations! :)
  • bubblygoldfish
    bubblygoldfish Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Great! Keep it up!
  • Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! (and pretty damn sexy on that bike lol). Well done on hitting the half way am sure you'll get to your goal x
  • swisseler
    swisseler Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    What a great story! I can identify with a lot in your story….loving food, your general dieting plan, among others. You look fantastic and healthy. Well done! Such a huge success!

I absolutely LOVE your Miss Piggy Halloween costume. I may have to steal that.

Will be sending you a friend request.
  • melinda189
    Options
    Girl u looking good on those bikes! Great job on your weight loss!
  • shaggydaddy
    Options
    Wow, awesome! You look great!!!!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    you look awesome. so inspiring. thank you!!!!
  • rachswann
    rachswann Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm gonna start using the "skinny girls don't _________" Love it! Thanks for being an inspiration!
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!! Way to go keep it up!!
  • nikki2001
    nikki2001 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hey now looking good! I'm almost right there with ya 47 down 53 more to go! :happy:
  • xX_Samantha_Xx
    xX_Samantha_Xx Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! The only thing is you must be able to see into the future with pics from Halloween and Christmas in 2013! :)
  • Aim4skinnyjeans
    Aim4skinnyjeans Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    WTG, Lady, you look GREAT!!! Keep up the good work!
  • Nufraser
    Nufraser Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! The only thing is you must be able to see into the future with pics from Halloween and Christmas in 2013! :)

She did mention at the end of the post she messed up on the dates. No judgement though!
  • JerZRob
    JerZRob Posts: 68
    Options
    Congrats! You know you can do it!
  • nevergiveup51
    nevergiveup51 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You look great congrats
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are an inspiration and are doing so great! I like your no weekend tracking rule. I often do that myself. I just get burnt out trying to be perfect all the time! Keep up the good work.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Wow - you look great. Well done :-) xx
  • ssm_1972
    ssm_1972 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Congrats............you are looking awesome :)
    Keep the tempo up !!
  • rejordan
    rejordan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Dang you look awesome!!!! So motivational! BTW-love the purple pumps chica!
  • JillyBadass
    JillyBadass Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the comments!! I get so much inspiration and motivation from this message board. It's exciting to finally get to add my own!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!