new here

Options
today is my first day here, need support, and am glad to support others.

Replies

• Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Welcome on your first day! This is really a great site and an awesome community of supportive people!

See ya around,

Katie (aka Kekibird)
  • BETTY54
    BETTY54 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am new here and learning a lot, about 5 years ago I was over 200 lbs, exercised and dieted for abou a year and lost 50 lbs,
    Today I am nearing 190 again, (I moved and lost my exercise buddy and sorta went off the diet) so need to get the weight off and try to keep it off, on this site I can get inspired and motivted
  • sincerely1
    Options
    I'm not even confident that I will or can stick to this, but I want to make an effort. I have scoliosis, a shoulder injury, and hip misalignment. I am remote from all my friends and I have no motivation to start things that I desire to do. But, It can't hurt to find out what the possibilties are if I have any to attempt to lose weight... I have little information on proper foods to eat and would at least like to figure it out.
  • michelearnold
    Options
    You can do this....I got on here about 2 weeks ago, but have been counting my calories and walking 30 minutes a day for the last 2 months and i have lost 40lbs. Be sure to log in your food before you eat it...that way you don't go over your calorie goal for the day. Good luck and you will love this site, it is an awesome tool to help keep you on track.:happy:
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You've found an excellent site. Good luck!!
  • anne40483
    Options
    hi im new here i have been using this site for about a week and i love it.
  • michelearnold
    Options
    I eat instant oatmeal in the morning for breakfast and you can find different flavors. I like strawberries and cream by Quaker. It has 130 calories and I use the "I can't believe it's not butter" spray for my butter in my oatmeal and on my toast. The butter spray has 0 calories. I buy the "Healthy Life" low carb white bread, it has 35 calories a slice. I usually eat one packet of oatmeal with the butter spray and 2 packets of "Truvia" sweetner which also has 0 calories and then 4 slices of the bread toasted and butter spray every morning for breakfast. This usually keeps me satisfied til about 1 or 2 in the afternoon. Oatmeal is very filling. All this above only has 280 calories total.

I usually eat chicken or some low calories lunchmeat and soup for lunch and then a nice sized dinner. For dinner I have lots of vegetables because they are low in calories. I also eat meats like chicken, tuna fish, grilled pork chops, etc. Vegetables are good fillers and they are very low in calorie content. You can always add the butter spray and seasonings and spices. I like McCormick's Salt and Spice....it goes really well on all vegetables with the butter spray.
  • sjoy711
    sjoy711 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too and could use a few good friends to encourage me when I'm discouraged. Did you see the motivation picture posted today? Boy, that was humbling! I'm glad I didn't excuse myself from working out this morning, or I would have been really pissed at myself.
  • strongerthanb4
    Options
    just started this site today but have been walking for 4 weeks-20 min. 6-7 days a week. i also gave up sugar (including high fructos corn syrup) and flour (bread, tortillias etc.) potatoes, and packaged foods....oh and red meat. I have lost 19 lbs. i know i need to journal my food and exercise more ( now that i am not as sore). so glad to have found this site.
  • susiep1959
    Options
    Welcome!! Today is my second day...one day at a time. :) We can start this journey together!!!
  • Beebee78
    Options
    You will all find so much support here whilst you strive to achieve your goals - nothing is too hard when you have so many people behind you. xxx
  • strongerthanb4
    Options
    soooo excited to have new buddies,lets get this going!
  • likerish
    Options
    I too am new here and I too have scoliosis (a double curve 30% and 40%), and have also had 3 knee surgeries and need more. So I know how hard it is to get or stay motivated to do anything when everything you do hurts! I am going to water physical therapy which is amazing on my back, and am also looking for a little motivation to hopefully lose this weight and feel a little better.
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I have been using my fitness pal for almost 3 weeks now, and I love it. There are so many supportive people and alot of good advice! You can do this! Make sure to have fun with it and don't sell yourself short! This is a great site and can really help to jump start your lifestyle change! Good luck!
  • PatriciaO
    Options
    love this site. it really helps good luck
  • PatriciaO
    Options
    love this site. it really helps good luck
  • PatriciaO
    Options
    I have two knee replacements and suffer with arthritis and fibromyalgia but it helps to follow my diet makes me feel better. Don't quit eating. just make wiser choices.:smooched:
  • PatriciaO
    Options
    you can do it . This site just makes you more aware of what you are eating. Subway sandwiches are a great way to be satisfied and still eat what you are supposed to . You will get better about making better choices