The hidden truths behind a transformation pic!

Options
This is a good post about transformation pics. It's not meant to disparage MFP pics, as pretty much all of them on here are very simple selfies. But, this post may open your mind about other before and after shots you have seen in magazines and elsewhere online.

http://melvfitness.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/transformation-or-few-simple-tweeks.html

Replies

• ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Well she looks the same in both photos to me, so pretty pointless.
  • m00tmike
    m00tmike Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    This is a good post about transformation pics. It's not meant to disparage MFP pics, as pretty much all of them on here are very simple selfies. But, this post may open your mind about other before and after shots you have seen in magazines and elsewhere online.

http://melvfitness.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/transformation-or-few-simple-tweeks.html

Do you think people are faking their comparison pics?
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I already knew about the tricks of the trade and making people look "better", but I loved that post. It really is all about your body stance/language, angles, distance, and what you wear. It kinda makes me want to do my own fake before/after pics. Haha!
  • m00tmike
    m00tmike Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    But why would people HERE be faking their comparison pics? I can understand it with a magazine or an ad for a product. But why here?
  • jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options

Do you think people are faking their comparison pics?

Not on MFP.

It's just interesting to see how it can be done without even using photoshop, and the differences in body shape/look of an already fit person, just based on lighting and position.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Only problem is the example was a poor one and pretty obvious. I am sure there are fake ones out there but unless they talk about more than some fad diet I don't even bother looking at it more. If it has something to do with some magic coffee, tea or pill I disregard it.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I call that the p-90x lighting.

Look, in just six weeks, I went from a hairy guy lit from the front and not sucking in his gut, to a hairless person lit from above, with a pump, who is flexing everything and holding in his stomach. Awesome!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    But why would people HERE be faking their comparison pics? I can understand it with a magazine or an ad for a product. But why here?

Attention.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Attention.

^This. They either fake photos or "doctor" the time frame spent getting those results in order to make them "that more fantastic".
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Attention.

Attention seeking makes the internet go round.