30 day Plank Challenge

Options
12346»

Replies

• Ramoth48
    Ramoth48 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone's having fun with the Plank's. Remember proper form is key!!!!!!!! LOW PLANK, ensure your shoulders are aligned with your elbows, your hips aren't bowed, FLAT BACK!!!!! HIGH PLANK, all the above except your shoulders are aligned with your wrist!!!!!

DAY 8

45 SEC

DAY 9

1 MIN

DAY 10

1 MIN

DAY 11

1 MIN

DAY 12

1.5 MIN

DAY 13

REST (CATCH UP)

DAY 14

1.5 MIN

DAY 15

1.5 MIN

DAY 16

2 MIN

Had my 1st rest yesterday, since starting. Back to it today, check in later.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    in!
  • JoDixon73
    JoDixon73 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I...hate...planks...:sad: I can just about do one for a minute - can't ever imagine being able to hold one longer that that! I'll give it a go though.
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Missed Day 10, but I will use the Rest/Catch-up day later this week. I am able to do 1 min (barely) - scared to do 1.5 today!
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Been doing these just not reporting in. Sorry. I am having to take it a bit slower then the schedule do to a old shoulder injury that is flaring up. So I have been doing each day two days in a row, with maybe a rest day that wasn't scheduled to let the shoulder rest. But I am improving over all. Not only in time but form and difficulty. Thanks for posting this.
  • karlahere
    karlahere Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I...hate...planks...:sad: I can just about do one for a minute - can't ever imagine being able to hold one longer that that! I'll give it a go though.
    B-but t-that's already better than where a lot of us started. You can do it!

And omg, getting interrupted halfway through a low plank is just the pits. Gonna high plank in the mean time then try to go low later.
  • Jeanine927
    Jeanine927 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How can we log a "plank" in the "add exercise" section? A PLANK is not an option. Any ideas???
  • brassicarapa
    Options
    Have been doing this, am on Day 8 now (first day of 45 seconds). Did the 45 seconds twice today - which when I started with 20 seconds seemed completely impossible.
  • tyal0523
    tyal0523 Posts: 70
    Options
    Hope your all hanging in there and pushing to improve everyday!!!!!!! I've seen post about this being boring, CHANGE it up. Do modified Planks, make it to where it pushes you!!!!! Remember any exercise is better than no exercise, no matter how boring you think it is!!!!!!!!

DAY17

2 MIN

DAY 18

2.5 MIN

DAY 19

REST (CATCH UP)

DAY 20

2.5 MIN

DAY 21

2.5 MIN

DAY 22

3 MIN

DAY 23

3 MIN

DAY 24

3.5 MIN

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tyal0523
    Options
    How can we log a "plank" in the "add exercise" section? A PLANK is not an option. Any ideas???

I would add it under Push-up's / Sit-up's vigorous effort
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options

I would add it under Push-up's / Sit-up's vigorous effort

I log it under plank with the number of seconds as reps -
  • tyal0523
    Options
    Hope you all are still hanging in there and pushing yourselves!!!!!!!!!!!

DAY 25

3.5 MIN PLANK

DAY26

REST (CATCH UP)

DAY 27

4 MIN PLANK

DAY 28

4 MIN PLANK

DAY 29

4.5 MIN PLANK

DAY 30

5 MIN PLANK

CONGRATULATIONS, ON MAKING IT THIS FAR!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR CORE SHOULD BE ROCK SOLID!!!!!!!!!!
  • krissyphard
    Options
    I'm in
  • Gina072010
    Options
    I have been doing the plank challenge for 10 days and was doing anywhere from 1-5 a day 3 in the morning and 2 at bedtime. Once I got to 60 seconds it got harder to do 3 right after each other Does the challenge call for one a day?