Eating at Maintenance to Lose?

As I only want to lose 6lb, is it worth simply taking on board my maintenance goal's calories now? Has anyone done this?

I know little about actual daily calorific intake and wonder if a loss of 6lb will be so different in terms of daily intake over the long term?

Replies

• 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    The thing is that all the numbers are estimates. When losing, aiming for 500 below might be somewhere between 400 and 600 below but the inaccuracy doesn't keep you from losing. In maintenance or slow loss, you will have to watch the scale and tweak your diet because the inaccuracy does matter - it will put you in slight surplus or deficit. So yes, you can use the number as a starting point but watch the scale and tweak.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    The thing is that all the numbers are estimates. When losing, aiming for 500 below might be somewhere between 400 and 600 below but the inaccuracy doesn't keep you from losing. In maintenance or slow loss, you will have to watch the scale and tweak your diet because the inaccuracy does matter - it will put you in slight surplus or deficit. So yes, you can use the number as a starting point but watch the scale and tweak.

Totally agree!
  • GymPoet
    GymPoet Posts: 107 Member

Yup.
  • Lose_It_Leo
    Lose_It_Leo Posts: 91 Member
    Thanks. I will bare this in mind.