Dog names?

Options

Replies

• Shutterbug05
    Shutterbug05 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    LOVE the name Sampson...it's a very strong name...A German Shepherd is a strong dog. My Grandpa had a Samson I, II, & III...all three were all black...Good luck on the names! We have never been without dogs...our current ones are wiener dogs named Buckeye, Fiona & Fritz. We just lost our 14 yr. old Black lab, Shelby...Hope yours is as faithful to you as ours have been to us! :)
  • Dersasaurus
    Dersasaurus Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Definitely Odin or Turbo!
  • knucklesammie
    knucklesammie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    i think odin because there are a million dogs with the other names.

though if you want my honest opinion, brutus is the best name for a male animal ever, period :D you're all welcome.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I have a Jack Russell terrier and his name is Turbo..... It goes perfect with his personality because he has way too much energy and he is super fast and strong....

I wanted to name him Jackson..... so I would suggest you name him Jackson....
  • rhinesb
    rhinesb Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    i think odin because there are a million dogs with the other names.

though if you want my honest opinion, brutus is the best name for a male animal ever, period :D you're all welcome.
    I had a Rottweiler named Brutus when I was a kid. Trust me that was DEFINITELY on the list. I couldn't convince anyone else in the family though...LOL
  • rhinesb
    Options
    I wanted to name a dog Josie but was told not to name a dog anything that sounds like 'no', also...so she was Jackie.
    I knew a magnificent Shepherd named Kahn.
    I like Jerry Lee too.

Of your names I like Jackson the best I think.

PS
    My boys are Calvin & Hobbes, the breeder named them and I ended up with both plus their mom Sadie. I liked the names, C&H is my favorite cartoon anyway.

Enjoy him, no matter what you call him, Shepherds are wonderful!

Kahn...Not bad! Not bad at all. I'll have to run that by my hubby and girls.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    My friend had a dog named turbo... he was an *kitten*. The dog not my friend.

I personally like Odin.
  • rhinesb
    Options
    Go outside and yell out your top choices a few times. If one of them makes you feel like a dork while yelling it pick a different name. :) Also microchip your dog as soon as you get it so if it does get out you will have a much better chance of getting him home again. :)
    How did I miss this one earlier?

Some of the names we kicked out we just couldn't see ourselves yelling those names out the front door.

We've already gotten rid of quite a few: Ralph (too Christmas story), Bruce (ahh Bruce Lee...I'm sad to see that one go), Rocky (couldn't do it because I kept thinking of the girl on Shake it up that my girls like to watch even though we originally chose it because of the movie Rocky), and Klyde (too hounddog-ish)
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Of your four names I like Odin. I had a rottweiler and his name was Rambo, great dog. I miss him.
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Tuppence
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Jackson or Sampson .

Dogs I have had
    Lisa, beagle
    Budweiser coon hound
    Max imum Trouble , beagle
    Teke, as in rainbow Tia Maria, Airedale
    Dax as in judzia Dax ,Airedale scent tracker. Emergency working dog
    Bear , son's Airedale
    Muggles ( like from Harry potter) , mixbreed rescue dog
    Piper of the hills, cavalier King Charles beautiful dog shows well

My next dog will be either Kitty ( here kitty kitty) or Damnit Dog
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    I'm called Candy. I'm a St. Bernhard and now 20 Months and 70kg
  • trubs182
    trubs182 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've only had one dog in my life, he was called Sid (after Sid Vicious, but he was far from vicious haha).

I like the names Vince and Rufio, but probably not for your dog!

Of your names I like Odin best, but totally get the association with 'no'. I also like Sampson, a strong character/name. Just don't let any Delilahs trim his fur!
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Go outside and yell out your top choices a few times. If one of them makes you feel like a dork while yelling it pick a different name. :) Also microchip your dog as soon as you get it so if it does get out you will have a much better chance of getting him home again. :)

Some of the names we kicked out we just couldn't see ourselves yelling those names out the front door.

We've already gotten rid of quite a few: Ralph (too Christmas story), Bruce (ahh Bruce Lee...I'm sad to see that one go), Rocky (couldn't do it because I kept thinking of the girl on Shake it up that my girls like to watch even though we originally chose it because of the movie Rocky), and Klyde (too hounddog-ish)

What?? Bruce and Klyde are great! Especially Bruce! No one's called Bruce anymore, it needs a comeback, you should be the vanguard.
  • karlahere
    karlahere Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Turbo!

Our dogs are called Ingrid and Boris. The last one loves hanging out with use when we're working, so we call him Professor.
  • rhinesb
    Options

What?? Bruce and Klyde are great! Especially Bruce! No one's called Bruce anymore, it needs a comeback, you should be the vanguard.
    I totally agree I love the name Klyde. I had an English Setter named Klyde when I was a Kid. I was an awesome squirrel dog though we never taught him to catch them but he could catch them out of mid-air. I had mixed feelings about it as I didn't really want a squirrel to die but at the same time he showed awesome skills.

I still like Bruce.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I think I like Jackson the best.

I know a few awesome German shepherds named Triton, Earl and Jake. The only male dog I ever had was a little Lhasa poo named Max. All the others are females, including my chocolate lab I have now, named Hazel.

Enjoy your new family member!
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I like to see how the dog likes the names, too. I like Beef for a shepherd, but that's because we had Captain Beefheart as a kid.
  • brixtonbanner
    brixtonbanner Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    How about "Calories"?
    wouldn't it be great on a walk shouting "here calories"!
  • ladybosie
    ladybosie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Man, I really like Odin the best out of those options (why not Loki, hm?). Though please do consider:

Livercurd
    Odysseus
    Bazzle

That is all.