"Pants Getting Too Big"

Options
trackmyday1973
trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
LOL it's funny.... I was going to the store today with my dad. He saw me having to hold my pants, in order for them not to fall off me.

He said, "your pants are getting to be too big for you" you need new clothes.

He also said "you are doing great" don't stop :)

I thought that was a great way to start my Saturday morning :)

Sorry just wanted to share.

Replies

• Georgianbaygirl67
    Georgianbaygirl67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am running out of clothes too! Not bad as I don't work in the summer, and can wear the same old couple of pairs of shorts, but when school starts I think I'm in trouble! Spending money on the kids for back to school, but none on me! Might have to hit Value Village to hold me over- I don't want to spend a lot until I lose some more- need to do a trade system with other weight losers!
  • trackmyday1973
    Options
    Great job! I am running out of clothes too! Not bad as I don't work in the summer, and can wear the same old couple of pairs of shorts, but when school starts I think I'm in trouble! Spending money on the kids for back to school, but none on me! Might have to hit Value Village to hold me over- I don't want to spend a lot until I lose some more- need to do a trade system with other weight losers!

I am just going to go to Walmart to buy "in between" clothes :)

It's a great feeling though going down sizes :)
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Great feeling isn't it? Unless of course it's your favorite pair of jeans, then the victory is bitter sweet. I'm happy to get back into my pre pregnancy clothes, I can say my pants finally fit!
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! I'm so proud of you and he's right, keep up the great work!
  • Eastern_Echo23
    Eastern_Echo23 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am also having that problem, i started with a size 42 and i am down to a 38/40 depending on the brand or the store...its a nice problem to have but its getting expensive to keep buying new pant sizes... also my girlfriend was out of town for 2 weeks for a business trip and she came home and said "Where did my man go and who is this sexy stud in my bedroom"... made my day, i lost 4 pounds since she left
  • trackmyday1973
    Options
    Yes, it is an amazing feeling.

Eastern : you are right it is expensive but I see it this way..... it was more expensive to be fat for me (eating out, buying new BIGGER size pants and tops)

Nice that you have a supportive girlfriend :)
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Yay Dad!! Yay You!! And if your pants are falling off, he is absolutely right.

No apology necessary! What a great way to spend time with your dad.
  • trackmyday1973
    Options
    Yay Dad!! Yay You!! And if your pants are falling off, he is absolutely right.

No apology necessary! What a great way to spend time with your dad.

my parents have always been supportive of my weight loss :)

It was me that had an issue of sticking to it.

Not this time :) I am determined.

The important thing in this journey is to accept that this will be forever....not a 1 month or 2 year thing.

Reverting to old habbits means reverting to old weight.

I don't want to go back to 248+ lbs
  • Eli716
    Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It's great that you have supportive parents! I wish mine were like that! Keep up the good work. Even I'm trying to keep my pants on with belts nowadays, otherwise I have to keep my hands in my pockets to keep them up! :)
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    wonderful feeling isn't it?

I have retired one pair of slacks and two pairs of jeans and moved onto two other pairs of slacks (one capris that is becoming baggy already). I have 2 or three pants/jeans waiting for me to get down to the next size as well as two jean skirts that i am dying to fit into. hope to be able to get through this in between stage with as little buying as possible!
  • Montrose11
    Montrose11 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    A comment like that can rev your whole day up! What a great way to start your day.

I go to Salvation Army or consignment shops when I'm looking for clothes. Are there any "Savers" thrift stores near you? They'd be a great way to get clothes that fit but not spend a lot of money. I usually can find some things there that fit and get a good deal.

Keep up your great work and keep on posting!
  • celanne
    celanne Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can't think of a more upbeat way to start a weekend!! Good for you!!!!!!
    :smile:
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    That is awesome :):drinker: My pants have got loose around the waist but my hips are still keeping them up. :bigsmile: I think I will hit the consignment and thrift stores for my "in between" sizes. Belts make me look masculine and it's sad because I have been eyeing a cute belt in a store window for months now. :frown:
  • BeeHappy52
    Options
    Great job!!! I've lost 10 lbs and my clothes just fit better. I feel great!!!
  • MamaDuckN2MamaWow
    MamaDuckN2MamaWow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well, first off - GREAT JOB!! My pants must be have been holding on for dear life because my pants still fit for the most part - I've only had to toss one pair that just looked ridiculous. However, I am back into a few pairs that I had hung in the back of my closet because they had been too tight or didn't zip up. I can notice my weight loss mainly in my bra and in my shirts.
  • rypstorm
    rypstorm Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I took two trousers and an a-line skirt to the tailor to have them taken in. I COULD just dump them and get new ones, but it seems like buying new clothing is too time consuming for me. And the way I see it, for my busy schedule, time is money. If I already like what I have, and it is still in decent condition, I'd rather just tailor it down. I only do it for items that I really like though. My tailor, after making the adjustments, correctly estimated how much weight I lost based on the adjustments he had to make. :laugh:

We all work so hard to lose the weight; let's dress it it clothes that fit properly to show off the changes!!!!!
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have lost 4 inches off my waist and 2 inches off my hips
    My pants are really loose,
    This fall going to need to buy smaller jeans as my jeans now keep falling off of my hips.
    Keep pulling up my slacks.
    No more stomach hanging out there under my clothes.

I have given away alot of my clothes to the thrift store because they are too loose.
    I have gone down 2 sizes recently and had to buy all new underwear.

It is such a good feeling, my husband looks at me and says Hi Skinny.
  • JanMarie2BHealthy
    Options
    Wonderful - what a great compliment and encouragement from your Dad. You are doing super. :happy:
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

I am just going to go to Walmart to buy "in between" clothes :)

It's a great feeling though going down sizes :)

That's awesome.

Walmart has been pulling me through my weight loss journey. Thank goodness for the casual dress code at my office. The jeans that fit me best anyway are $18 at Walmart and they've been a life saver (I've dropped 5 sizes). I'm also a fan of some $4 solid color t-shirts I get in the men's department, although I picked up a couple long sleeved ones today and they were $6.
  • Sierra_christine89
    Sierra_christine89 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Lovely NSV, my friend!! :D I wasn't seeing my scale number drop but when I went shopping for new jeans I realized I went down two whole sizes! You go girl! :)
This discussion has been closed.