Lost 100lbs in 7 1/2 Months

Options
2013 has been a life changing year for me. At the end of January I realized that I had a "big" problem, I was tipping the scales at a staggering 296lbs. I can't really say how I ever let myself get to that point...I guess I never took a good hard look at myself in the mirror, or I just didn't want to believe what I saw looking back at me. I had become a 26 year old health risk that just thought I was a "big guy". Thank god I finally came to my senses and decided to put everything I had to bettering of my body and my health. Now 7 1/2 months later and I have officially lost 100lbs. Weighing in today at 196lbs, I have not felt this good in years. I have realized that no matter how steep of an uphill battle you have, if you put in the work and are dedicated and disciplined, you can do anything you want. Mental toughness is the key when it comes to what I have gone through this year. However, I have to thank my wife, my family, friends, and co-workers that have given me so much love and support through this journey. Although I have surpassed all of my goals that I set for myself along the way, this journey is not over. This is only just the beginning, this is my new way of life.

These are a couple of pics from when I was at my heaviest (December 2012-January 2013), along with pics from today at 196

1175319_10100835048173818_1377864526_n.jpg

1157485_10100835048128908_1827071570_n.jpg

993690_10100835048034098_1347897398_n.jpg

1146695_10100835047959248_449093511_n.jpg

Replies

• pamela1129
    pamela1129 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The before and after shots tell it all. You look amazing! Much dedication and hard work on your part---Congratulations for changing your life!!!
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    DAY-UMMMM!! That's one amazing transformation Dude. Nice job!
  • joyfulhappyheart
    joyfulhappyheart Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    great job! What did you do to be so successful?
  • livedb
    livedb Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Great job!! It takes a lot of dedication to get it done so quickly.
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. These are pictures of two different people.
    If it really is the same person - WOW - fantastic job!
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats on all your hard work!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Wholly Crow you look amazing well done !!!!
  • Hodgie12345
    Hodgie12345 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That is just sooo good ya *kitten*. Well done man. Hodgie
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,003 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look amazing.you look so much younger now
  • fatnomore201220132014
    Options
    Goodness gracious! Congratulations, you look amazing!
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Great job :)

You are so right about the mental toughness part :)

One must be mentally disciplined.
  • hollygparr
    hollygparr Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    *wolf whistles*

well done!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    That took some serious dedication. Nice work.
  • TheRagnarok
    Options
    I'll echo that sentiment - you look like a different person. Outstanding job and you should be extremely proud! Please tell us what your methods were!
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! And then DOUBLE WOW!!!

You look hot!

Good job sunshine :-)

Jenny x
  • FebRose
    FebRose Posts: 3
    Options
    wow! you look amazing, congratulations!!:flowerforyou:
  • midwestdawn
    midwestdawn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well done!!

Any chance you'll open your diary?
  • ChuckGietzen
    ChuckGietzen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! And yes it is the same person.
    I took complete advantage of My Fitness Pal and logged EVERYTHING I took in. I also went hardcore with exercise. I was very familiar with the gym, being that in high school I played many sports and was in there all the time trying to "GET BIG" I knew that I wanted no part in that. I dedicated myself to ALL CARDIO. Starting off biking and walking, then moving forward from there. Now I burn on average 800-1200 calories daily with combinations of running & uphill speed walking. I just started the INSANITY workout program this week.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Dang, you went from cute to hott! That was a great story! Most people think they're just naturally big or "big boned", but glad you snapped out of it. Great progression.
  • joergwb
    joergwb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Simply awesome! Congratulations!

I just started my 100 lbs journey. Your success is a huge motivation!

Thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!