injury, sedentary and indigestion...

Options
I have ACL injury in my knees as told by the physiotherapist 2 days back, will visit the ortho tomorrow. My elbow has also got some problem the physio couldn't figure out.

So, I'm all sedentary since 10 days, more so since last 4 days (my pain has increased). Problem in all 4 limbs leaves me with no idea for workout. I can stand/walk comfortably for no more than 5 minutes at one go.

I have never been this sedentary before. Probably that's the reason I'm getting indigestion and intestinal gas since 4 days. I have never had excess weight to lose. I don't do much calculations and eat as per my appetite which quite healthy. Since I don't workout now, my appetite has come down tad bit and I eat accordingly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Replies

• dkhuff1
    dkhuff1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    once your knees feel better cycling or stationary biking may be best for you-its often used when rehabbing knees. What about swimming or any kind of water exercise?

You may have to really watch your food intake until you get your joints fixed and can be more active. I hope you feel better soon. I have two bad knees and am currently recovering from shoulder surgery so I can relate a little bit--at least me knees are working now.
  • bartman4
    bartman4 Posts: 24
    Options
    Ouch. Best of luck with your recovery. Personally I used to do a lot of yoga as part of recovering from injuries. I would just skip any poses that strained my injuries. Swimming has also worked well for me. Hope you are able to fit something in without pain soon.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    It's good to keep moving for recovery. I would agree on stationary biking, and possibly also a rowing machine. Don't forget to do some strength training; with knee injuries, muscles tend to atrophy quite a lot while you hobble around. There are machines and gentle exercises your ortho/PT will be able to recommend.
  • swatiep
    swatiep Posts: 5
    Options
    I have no access to any pool or something for water exercise. Any idea of exercise where I won't have to use my limbs (without pressure on joints I mean)? All I can think of is crunches and superman exercise. Before injury I used to do body weight exercises and I also own a pair of dumbells which I used...

I am particularly concerned abt losing core strength. Strengthening my core helped get rid of hemorrhoids, I just don't want them back in sometime now...

Will try out cycling...

Thanks a lot for all your support