Are you a grazer or do you eat 2-3 large meals per day?

Options
I'm most definitely a grazer, and I log everything I'm planning on eating into MFP in the morning to make sure it's under my goal, eating every 1-2 hours. I know it makes absolutely no difference for metabolism how frequently meals are consumed, but I'm just curious what kind of eating habits are more prominent in the community.

Replies

• crowefoot
    crowefoot Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have an alarm set on my phone to remind me to eat every two hours, otherwise my blood sugar goes insane. Which is sad, because traditionally I've preferred large, infrequent meals.
  • tarakizer
    Options
    I eat 5-6 meals per day, 3 of which are the traditional meals and the other 2-3 are snacks. My traditional meals range from 350-600 calories, and then the snacks are 150-300 calories. My net calorie goal is around 1400, and I do a bit of exercise 6 days per week to fit those 5-6 meals in at those calorie levels. I'm a big eater. Quantity matters to me, so I have to be careful which items I select.
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Both, I might eat every couple of hours one day but then just eat lunch and dinner the next.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    90% of the time I'm a grazer. I normally eat my meals into mini-meals. I'll eat my dinner salad at 3pm, then maybe the main course at 5pm and the same way with lunch. Then I have my scheduled snacks, nuts, fruits, etc scattered throughout the day. Although my diary is set up as a structured 3 meals and 3 snacks, I don't necessarily eat them as listed. I don't think it matters what time of the day I eat but I like having smaller portions throughout the day instead of huge meals. If I know I'm eating out, I tend not to graze as much during the day.
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I have three meals a day under 500 calories and then I have three 1-200 calories snacks. :)
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have 3 'meals' a day - but I will have a ( usually) healthy snack between each one and one in the evening. Usually fruit, or some nuts.
  • kahlynnml
    Options
    I eat at least 6 meals a day and I eat every 2 hrs because if I don't I start to feel ill and lightheaded. I guess I'm a grazer as I tend to break my meals down
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    On my work schedule I'm lucky to get to eat once.
  • Deadlay
    Deadlay Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    2 sometimes 3 meals a day. But I also do IF so it works for me.
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I have like 1 giant meal a day, then graze the rest of the time. I feel like I'm always eating/snacking, but if I have a bunch of meals I always go over my calorie goal. 1 meal + snacks works best for me.
  • caseyclark3
    Options
    Definitely a grazer now. I eat 6 meals a day. It's awesome because I'm rarely ever hungry. I keep each meal between 300 and 400 calories. It totals about 2000 a day, plus I'm doing Insanity so I can subtract those out.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day. I don't structure my eating plan that rigidly. I eat when I feel like it. Some days that might just be as single meal, other days that might be snacking all day. The only thing I care about is hitting my macro targets.
  • mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Grazer. It can be such a pain to log!
  • Evie_W
    Evie_W Posts: 4
    Options
    I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day, I have to otherwise my blood sugar crashes and I also have IBS :-)
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Grazer.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    My lunch is 7 or 800 hundred. My dinner is about 1000.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I eat one smallish meal for breakfast and one huge meal for lunch or dinner. Usually lunch during the week and dinner on week-ends. If I'm hungry at another time I'll have fruit, nuts, or popcorn.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I hate grazing, I seem to be so much hungrier when I graze. I usually skip breakfast and eat a decent lunch, huge dinner and lots of snacks. Most of my food is consumed after lunch unless it's the weekend and we go out for an obscene 900 calorie omelette. I like big meals - they tend to fill me for longer.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I'm a grazer unless I get super hungry

Then I eat all the foodz
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I like to wait as long as I can before I start eating for the day, because if I eat breakfast it's like the floodgates of hunger are opened and I tend to go over my goals. The most enjoyable eating schedule for me is to fit all of my calories in from like 5-10 pm so I start grazing around then.

But I log in the morning, so I know ahead of time I'll get my 1450 cals and hit all my macros.