Self control during a sugar craving

Options
I don't have a sweet tooth, but I empathize with those who love their chocolate and sugar sodas as much as I love pickles and olives. I was reading a health book today and it suggested those who experience sugar cravings should carry a travel size toothbrush and toothpaste with them. When cravings hit, brush your teeth. Eating or drinking anything sweet afterward will be unpalatable long enough for the craving to pass. And you get clean, healthy teeth!

Replies

• misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I think I'll just eat some chocolate. There's nothing wrong with it.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I hear the OP - if I ever get a "bingy" sugar craving where I want to eat a LOT of sugary something, I think the tooth brushing is a a great idea. Otherwise, If I plan for my square of chocolate I am fine...
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I think I'll just eat some chocolate. There's nothing wrong with it.
    I know right. That's what I did last night. 2000 calories worth of junk later...
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I just go with it when I want sugar

sugar is good
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    LOL. You can have my share! :D I hate milk chocolate with a passion. It's so gross.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I have 100-150g of sugar a day, SUP
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I just have a teaspoon of nutella after my dinner and it fulfills my sugar fix :smile:
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    sugar is good

you're funny, girl. your diary says you put splenda in your coffee this morning. i guess today wasn't a sugar day. and way to go on your weight loss. you're almost there! :drinker: we need a thumbs up smiley on here ...
  • lei24lei
    Options
    ive done exactly this tonight....ate sugar...but ya know what theres always tomorrow... :( still feel bad though but nothing a good walk lots of water a veggy tea and a early night cant correct...i did okay though as i noramally munch on and think because im eating sugars i should eat it while i can (so i overload) and regain :(
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Sugar free hard candies
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with eating the things you like as long as you learn to control your eating by watching your caloric intake and paying attention to your macros and nutrient needs...... I have never tracked a gram of sugar through 312 lbs. of weight loss...
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    sugar is good

you're funny, girl. your diary says you put splenda in your coffee this morning. i guess today wasn't a sugar day. and way to go on your weight loss. you're almost there! :drinker: we need a thumbs up smiley on here ...

There is a difference between wasting calories on things like sugar in a coffee, and enjoying sugar instead from somewhere else.

I love sugar, but i wouldn't drink it, i'd rather eat ice cream or something..
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    LOL. You can have my share! :D I hate milk chocolate with a passion. It's so gross.

Didn't say I eat milk chocolate.

I don't understand people that binge. If you're eating enough calories overall and eating a little bit of sugar when you want it, there would be no need. Your body isn't stupid and it actually likes sugar for fuel. Just have a bit.
  • OtchCake82
    Options
    Oh wow! Thanks for sharing that tip! I never thought of that before! I do have intense sugar cravings and couldn't figure out a way to combat them. Thank you so much!!