New lunch ideas?

Options
Hello! :bigsmile:

I'm hoping some of you can help me come up with more lunch ideas! I try to pack my lunches everyday and I rarely go out to eat. I'm also the type of person that eats the same foods every day for a long period of time, and then never want to eat them ever again. These are the foods that I've been having for lunch that I am starting to get sick of...

-Easy mac
-Frozen meals (smart ones)
-Wendys apple chicken salad

Can anyone suggest some new ideas? I need something that is under 400 calories and that is really easy. I don't like cooking or making anything. I'm more of a pre-packaged eater lol.

Thanks!:heart:

Replies

• elliewill18
    Options
    Hello,

I actually can’t think of any healthy recipes so that you needn't cooking.

I would advise you to have a vegetable salad (with green salad, tomatoes, paprika from time to time tuna can or cheese, olives and anything else you may like) dressed with an olive oil or sour cream. In addition to salad you may have a sandwich or a piece of meat and afterwards some fruits (apples, peaches, plums etc.).

Such type of lunch will provide you with a good balance of all necessary nutrition components and doesn't contain to many calories.
  • Baranwyn
    Options
    boil a whole 500g pack of pasta, mix in a jar of tomato-y pasta sauce like dolmio, a tin of sweetcorn and maybe a tin of tuna. Takes a bit of effort but now you have pasta salad for the whole week (keep it in the fridge and spoon out a lunch portion into a tupperware to take to work)
  • trin8ty75
    trin8ty75 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Turkey sandwich
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Turkey sandwich
    Seafood/tuna/chicken salad
    Southwest chicken wrap (you're welcome)
  • UseToBeHot
    UseToBeHot Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I do lean cuisines. And I buy out the freakin store when I find them for $2.00 each. Absolutely will not pay $3 or $3.50. Other times I have eaten triskets and laughing cow cheese spreads. Triskets are 20 calories each and 1 spreadable wedge of laughing cow is 67 and it'll spread over 4 of them. I also like Kroger Carbmaster Vanilla yogurt and a whole cup of frozen strawberries for 120 calories. I buy frozen so I don't have to worry about them going bad and I don't have to clean and core them either. If you put the yogurt in the fridge and leave the strawberries out, they'll thaw by lunch (actually within an hour). I'm always looking for new ideas too.
  • adlins
    adlins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been looking for a quick pasta type salad for lunch and this looks good.
  • KelleyGirl74
    KelleyGirl74 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My quickest lunches are:

Pasta
    1. Rotini with Classico Basil Pesto or Tomato Pesto w/ rotisserie chicken (buy a whole from the market already cooked cut up at home)
    2. Penne ( the same as above).
    3. Any pasta, Italian dressing, halved cherrie or grape tomatoes.

Salad

1. Toss dark greens, rotisserie chicken (as above), light dressing.
    2. Toss dark greens, red and yellow bell peppers, light dressing.

or Left overs from dinner the night before lol. Half of my normal portion though. Then I do salad for dinner that night.

Namaste,
    Nika
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Ham sandwich with a whole avocado on it and some italian dressing. I eat it all the time, and it is easy to make.
  • aileengh
    aileengh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt , such as Dannon Light & Fit blueberry yogurt (only 80 calories), with a couple of tablespoons of granola mixed in. Depending on the granola, that's another 50-80 calories).
  • atthebeach08
    atthebeach08 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I take my bullet to work with ingredients to make a yogurt smoothie and add oatmeal.Very filling and around 250 calories with fresh fruit and skim milk in a container to add to the bullet. Then I have cut up veggies and dip in hummus.Pretty close to your 400 calorie goal.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Crab Salad

85g crab meat (flaked)
    40g red grapes (quartered)
    10g celery (thinly sliced)
    onion to taste - minced (Optional)
    30g Mayo or Miracle Whip (Low Fat if you prefer)
    70g bed of lettuce

This comes in between 150-175 calories, still leaves room for a lunch time treat of some type if you can eat any more.
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I adore having fruit salad and hummus/carrots as a light lunch. (but i've never been a huge lunch person.)

Also, something easy is to get a can of soup and pour a serving over a 1/2 cup cooked rice. Filling and super easy.
  • rc2paris
    rc2paris Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I used to eat easymac all the time, but got sick of it as well. I like mixing a bowl of that minute rice, a precooked veggie, and a boiled/cut up hot dog in a bowl, and tossing carrot sticks in my lunch bag as well. It seems to keep me pretty full, and I end up snacking on the carrot sticks while the k4s sleep.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    How about your favorite soup & crackers?

If you like frozen meals look for Red's Pulled Pork Quesadillas they're delicious. I've also tried a turkey & provolone pretzel melt from The Better Baking company that is also tasty.

Peanut Butter & Jelly? I've bought Biscoff Cookie spread in crunchy & creamy that could also work for a sandwich.

You could buy Rotisserie chicken & shred it for sandwiches or salads. You could make a salad in general & add your favorite toppings.
  • Travelgal622
    Travelgal622 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love whole foods nothing frozen, or processed.
    Here are some of my favorites that I eat for lunch:
    Tomato, basil, skim milk Mozzarella with a bit of balsamic vinegar
    Boiled shrimp with Couscous add a table spoon of cocktail sauce
    Lettuce wraps with grilled leftover chicken breast, snap peas, tomato, green onion and red bell pepper stirred together with dressing of your choice I use Kraft Asian light dressing and serve it in Lettuce wraps
    Turkey and cheddar cheese chopped up on a toss salad with a boiled egg
    Dark green Lettuce, spinach, strawberries, pecans, blue cheese with balsamic vinegar
    You can add lentils to any of them for a more hardy choice
    Hope tis helps!
    Have a great day my fitness pal!