Under my Calories

Options
So I am doing so well with being under my calories today but am scared because the day isn't over. And for those who understand, it's that time of the month and I want a brownie.

Replies

• RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Try making some Betty Crocker low fat brownies or another lower fat brownie recipe or opt for some dark chocolate. There is nothing wrong with the occasional indulgence!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Do an extra workout and have the brownie. Don't set yourself up to fail.
  • Abvgeaneas
    Options
    I good little snack I'll have sometimes to stop a craving is dipping a hershey kiss into some peanut butter. It's way less calories than a peanut butter cup but a similar taste :) Good luck! And if you go over today, just make up for it tomorrow!!
    --A
  • Tina0807
    Options
    I am so impressed with all the helpful people on this site! Thank you everyone.
  • Tina0807
    Options
    I am so impressed with all the helpful people on this site! Thank you everyone.
  • jhorenc
    jhorenc Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    instead of a brownie, why not have a Protein Shake in chocolate flavor, BSN Lean Dessert in chocolate pudding = best tasting protein shake ever. to me it satisfies my craving for somethng sweet :smile:
  • jhorenc
    jhorenc Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    instead of a brownie, why not have a Protein Shake in chocolate flavor, BSN Lean Dessert in chocolate pudding = best tasting protein shake ever. to me it satisfies my craving for somethng sweet :smile:
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    If you have to have a brownie (Myself if I have a huge craving and I don't satisfy it it sets me off on a binge) I will make them with apple sauce instead of oil, they have an odd after taste but they are still really good.
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    LMAO - totally know where you're coming from.

last week on day one of the curse I ate pizza and beer. Fukc it.

but I drank low calorie beer and only had one slice of pizza (rather than eating a whole pizza).

you don't have to deprive yourself all the time. Just make a better decision. The way I see it a calorie is a calorie and if I want to eat something naughty I will, I'm just honest about counting it and plan around it.
  • nataliestout
    Options
    Ahhh same thing is happening to me right now. I always make the excuse "well, I'm on my period, so whatever" but it really messes with my diet. I would advise letting yourself have maybe one or two treats on your period and that is all. Try really hard not to splurge excessively! :)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I don't remember exactly where I saw it...but there is a recipe online for brownies that uses chocolate protein powder, oat bran, and a few other nutritious ingredients. It tastes just like the fattening brownies we are all used to, but are actually good for you. It can stop your craving because it is a chocolate brownie, but you can also eat it without the guilt. You might want to do a google search for some healthy recipes and give them a shot!