Is it possible to lose INNER THIGH fat?

I already walk 4-6 miles a day, but I have some inner thigh fat that I would like to lose. I don't even know if it is possible. Any suggestions on exercises would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Unfortunately, you can't sport reduce fat, meaning you can choose where your fat comes off. Just keep losing weight generally speaking and eventually you will start to see changes everywhere. :) Do some strength training to retain muscle while you lose!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    I read somewhere that certain areas of the body are stubborn when it comes to giving up fat due to there being less receptors that 'hear' the hormonal signals to give it up. Sorry, don't have a reference to hand. Might just be more bioscience. ;)

It's certainly the case for me, my upper legs seem to lag behind the rest but steadily it's happening, my main exercise is walking daily.
  • Determined518
    Determined518 Posts: 138 Member
    Wide leg squat
    That little inner thigh squeeze thing that was insanely popular in the 80s... yeah. That thing works.
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 595 Member
    My thighs are always the last to go! I am just going to continue eating at a deficit and lifting until I like what I see.

ETA: I have noticed my thighs are firming up quite a bit since I've been lifting heavy.
  • cinnamonwhitlock
    cinnamonwhitlock Posts: 7 Member
    Wide, feet turned out on angle on leg press machine. I read this in a fitness mag about 6 weeks ago.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Nope. Inner thigh fat is forever.
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Impossible to spot reduce, but you can build muscle there by uing a foam blocl or just one of those regular kids' balls, 9 inches to a foot in diameter, placing between the thighs just a few inches from the knees, and squeezing. This is also just really good for you...my physical therapist and yoga teacher both have me doing this. The outer thighs tend to be stronger and righter while the inner thighs aren't worked at all.
  • BeckyMBisMe
    BeckyMBisMe Posts: 215 Member
    if you mean that little bit near the top and it looks like this

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_tIWv4_WeAtQ/S9n1Ig-pPCI/AAAAAAAAB3A/Sd_mdBLmMHs/s1600/carrie_underwood.jpg

why the hell would you want to? I might kill for legs like that!
    then again it might feel like it's killing you to get them.

http://www.shape.com/celebrities/celebrity-workouts/how-get-lean-sexy-legs-carrie-underwood/page/2/1
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    You can't control when and where fat comes off. It's genetic. For me thighs are the very last place.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Nope. Inner thigh fat is forever.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But seriously you can't spot reduce. I have noticed myself that since my legs are getting firmer esp thighs and quads that I notice the inner thigh fat more...bleck...

but on that note it lessens every month and I will continue to build my muscles in my inner thighs with wide leg squats...LOVE SQUATS
  • nicholjenny
    nicholjenny Posts: 74 Member
    I have always hated my thighs! I started running and it seems to be really shaping them up! You are already walking, so maybe incorporate some jogging intervals to kick up the fat burning intensity. Some posters suggested add some weight training that will help you as well. Good luck!
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    You can't spot reduce. And honestly, I wouldn't think about your "trouble areas" until you're closer to your goal. In the meantime, invest in something called Bodyglide. I have to use it on my thighs to help stop chafing. antiperspirant deodorant also works (the white stick kind).
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    tumblr_lxat9jN5M81r0ix14o1_500.gif
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Control top and keep going
  • Thanks! I appreciate your input everyone.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    You should try adding more types of exercises to your regular routine. Depending on what types of exercise you enjoy, things like dance, running, biking, swimming, and lower body specific exercises like squats and lunges can really help tone the legs in general. :)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    I wish I could spot reduce too... but it isn't possible. Just keep losing. It'll eventually go away from the inner thigh too. :)
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Be nice... be nice...

breathe... it's just a noobie on the forums...

/calm yourself...

Okay.. I'm good.
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Even when I weighed less than 100lbs (I was underweight) I STILL had inner thigh fat! But no butt, it was soooo gross. But the inner thigh fat stuck around.

So yes, you can reduce your overall fat and you'll lose some of the thigh fat, but sometimes, certain areas are stubborn, and unless you get lipo, it is what it is. Squats will give you an awesome *kitten* so that the inner thigh fat... wait what inner thigh fat? I'm still in awe of this great *kitten*! Distraction :)