Bad day yesterday

Options
Yesterday I went 750 calories over what I should have and would have gained weight if every day was like yesterday. Dioes a day like that set you back a lot, will I have to do a lot more exercises over the next few days?

Replies

• Adam08
    Adam08 Posts: 20
    Options
    Yesterday I went 750 calories over what I should have and would have gained weight if every day was like yesterday. Dioes a day like that set you back a lot, will I have to do a lot more exercises over the next few days?
  • muntim
    muntim Posts: 4
    Options
    I always try to look at individual days as part of a bigger picture. I try to maintain a weekly calorie deficit of 1620, or roughly 231 a day. So, if I go over on a particular day but I am under overall, I try not to sweat it too much. For example, on Tuesday I was over by ~300 calories, but for the week I'm still on track because the day before I added 30 minutes onto my workout.

I wouldn't think that one day is going to set you back much at all. Just get back on track with it all and you'll be good to go!
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I went over by a LOT more than that the other day. But the thing to remember is that one mistake shouldn't create an opening for you to eat more because "well I already screwed up this week" You have to get right back on it.

I'm still learning to get myself motivated too. I've been on a teeter totter for the past month. I'll get there and so will you.

Good Luck.

Jess:flowerforyou:
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Just get right on track today. BTW - that's not too bad, on the 3rd and 4th of July, I went over by over 1000 calories and it did stall me for a week.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Sigh... :wink: OK
    I know that I posted this before But I think it needs repeating.
    Lets say that last night you forgot to brush your teeth. :ohwell:
    Well Hell, Now my entire tooth care is out the window, I will just stop brushing my teeth completly, Heck while I am at it I think I will also stop showering and taking baths. As for cloths might as well never wash them either. because I forgot to brush my teeth I will NEVER RECOVER!!!
    If that sounds silly to you AND IT SHOULD!!! :noway:
    Then Why oh WHY do we beat ourselves up the way that we do when me eat the wrong thing or skip a workout. Or go over our calories one day?
    Thinking we are damaged forever because of eating that wrong food and quit eating right all together?
    Not that one day of eating something wrong is going to make that much difference, and YES it WILL if you start eating bad foods day in and day out because you ate it the ONE TIME GOD FORBID YOU ARE DAMAGED NOW!!!
    Well dearest, you are NOT. Get RIGHT back in there and start again fresh and new EACH day.
    Just do better next time.
    WE ARE HERE FOR YOU! AND WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE!
    --Diann...
  • carrotstick
    Options
    Lets say that last night you forgot to brush your teeth. :ohwell:
    Well Hell, Now my entire tooth care is out the window, I will just stop brushing my teeth completly, Heck while I am at it I think I will also stop showering and taking baths. As for cloths might as well never wash them either. because I forgot to brush my teeth I will NEVER RECOVER!!!
    If that sounds silly to you AND IT SHOULD!!! :noway:
    Then Why oh WHY do we beat ourselves up the way that we do when me eat the wrong thing or skip a workout. Or go over our calories one day?

So true! Thanks for a great look at it!