Anybody else?

Options
Maryssa_
Maryssa_ Posts: 17 Member
I don't know what it is, but I workout harder and longer when I listen to my Rock music playlist rather than I do any other of my playlists...

Can't help but push myself a little harder with Avenged Sevenfold screaming in my ear.

"Gon' make you sweat, gon' make you groove" - Led Zeppelin; Black Dog is the song of the day.

Replies

• MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's just not the same with Amadeus or Hank Williams.
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Depending on what kind of workout I'm doing, depends on my music choices. Running, weight lifting is definitely rock/alternative. When I teach Zumba it is anything from country to alternative, r&b to multicultural music:)
  • MsWallwoman
    Options
    Marilyn Manson, Disturbed and Five Finger Death Punch are what I listen to when I need a good burn. Often when I hit that point where I think I can't keep going and want to quit ... I flip to a song by one of these bands and I push through. :)
  • Maryssa_
    Options
    Marilyn Manson, Disturbed and Five Finger Death Punch are what I listen to when I need a good burn. Often when I hit that point where I think I can't keep going and want to quit ... I flip to a song by one of these bands and I push through. :)

I feel you on that one! Just something about a good beat of the drum set helps me push through!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Dubstep does it for me...give me an Excision or Datsik and I can keep going
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I love old Rage Against the Machine and Beastie Boys
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I go a bit old school, 80's rock:

Motley Crüe
    Def leopard
    Skid row
    Iron maiden
    Ac/dc

But so much does depend on my mood. Some days dance does it some days rock.
  • Maryssa_
    Options
    I go a bit old school, 80's rock:

Motley Crüe
    Def leopard
    Skid row
    Iron maiden
    Ac/dc

But so much does depend on my mood. Some days dance does it some days rock.

Sounds like a perfect bunch to me! They all have great music.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I pretty much need metal to have a good lifting session.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I must be weird... squat and strict press workouts are easy going music (Bon Iver, Ray Lamontagne, Band of Horses) because I need to think more and be more methodical. Deadlifts and bench are my loud rock or raunchy rap music lifts... and I shamelessly listen to pop music usually when I am doing long runs. Electronic, dubstep, etc is good for my HIIT sessions though.

I am a high maintenance workout music person. :ohwell:
  • Dersasaurus
    Dersasaurus Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My best run was actually during a Porcupine Tree song. This one to be exact:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XIpR59xeEU

Not exactly what most people would run to, but it did well for me!
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    used to listen to music now cant work out with headphones
  • Dersasaurus
    Dersasaurus Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Also, I like to sing along with the lyrics (to the best of my ability) when I'm running. When Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam came on, I was like

tumblr_m0dzqbgbBf1rpsd23o1_500.png

That's just not happening.
  • tonythebuick
    Options
    No music for me. If I lift, I concentrate on form. If I run any distance, I let my mind wander. I find any music distracting.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    No rock or metal for me. I'd rather listen to 2 Live Crew or DJ Uncle Al when I workout.
  • ronmonkey
    ronmonkey Posts: 316
    Options
    Avenged Sevenfold - Almost Easy, is the track to have.
  • Maryssa_
    Options
    Also, I like to sing along with the lyrics (to the best of my ability) when I'm running. When Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam came on, I was like

tumblr_m0dzqbgbBf1rpsd23o1_500.png

That's just not happening.

LOL! That is one of my favorite songs!
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    I don't know what it is, but I workout harder and longer when I listen to my Rock music playlist rather than I do any other of my playlists...

Can't help but push myself a little harder with Avenged Sevenfold screaming in my ear.

"Gon' make you sweat, gon' make you groove" - Led Zeppelin; Black Dog is the song of the day.

rock music works for a lot of things lol
  • xeno8604
    xeno8604 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I work out better to Techno/Trance...pretty much anything that has a higher BPM of 150....I still have a playlist labelled "Iraq mix" that I listened to while in Iraq, since 08.