Can you change your calorie goal?

Options
I feel that my calorie goal is a little high. Can you personalize this?

Replies

• angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    it depends what u want to lose in a week but u cannot go below 1200
  • megan7775
    megan7775 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes you can change your calorie goal - I have mine set at 900 per day. Simply go onto the goals tab - then select customise goals, you can then just type in the amount of calories you want to consume through the day. The website cannot recommend that anyone consumes less than 1200 as it is potentially harmful to consume less than this.

Megan
  • Tartine
    Options
    Megan, I am trying to set my calorie limit to 1100 and customize my target carb, fat, and protein goals. But it's not letting me save them, no matter what I do (press change goals again, and again before and after I change the goals, switch screens, etc.) BEYOND FRUSTRATING! GRRRR!
  • octopusbeard
    octopusbeard Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Megan:

thank you very much! I re-set my cal. goal to 1,000/day, rather than 1550/day.
    woo!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    You girls are eating too few calories. Be careful you do not mess up your metabolism. It will start to slow down and it will be hard to burn anything. The lowest a female should consume in a day ON TOP of calories burned through exercise is 1200. Unless of course a doctor has you on a very specific diet for some reason. Starvation mode is a real thing. You will lose more weight if you eat the right amount of calories and keep your metabolism up and running and happy. :)
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    You girls are eating too few calories. Be careful you do not mess up your metabolism. It will start to slow down and it will be hard to burn anything. The lowest a female should consume in a day ON TOP of calories burned through exercise is 1200. Unless of course a doctor has you on a very specific diet for some reason. Starvation mode is a real thing. You will lose more weight if you eat the right amount of calories and keep your metabolism up and running and happy. :)

Agreed. Too few is not conducive to weight loss.