The PERFECT weight loss plan discovered!!!

Options
Eat a little less. Exercise a little more.
Repeat until desired results are reached.

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

But I thought it required math and a degree in rocket science...:wink:
  • tonafoto
    tonafoto Posts: 246 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    But I heard about this cleanse...I mean, fasting...I mean, magic pill that'll work!!! :laugh:
  • xtrasmall
    Options
    im gona go w avoid gluten n meat besides fish n white rice 2!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Don't be silly....it cannot possibly be that simple. We must figure out more numbers than we learner about in algebra class and then eat only laundered food, or something like that, and stop eating at 9:01 on the dot or face a mesa or gorge or plateau or something....
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    And if you lift weights you hulk? or hunk? and become enamored of ice cream every night?

I believe it is actually magic fairy dust that I sprinkle over my plate while chanting a secret phrase - that's how to do it. The commercial told me so. It had real pictures of people in Europe where they tested it. It has to work right?
  • BeckyMBisMe
    BeckyMBisMe Posts: 215 Member
    Options

oh crap! you just ruined my life! :wink:
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    But I heard about this cleanse...I mean, fasting...I mean, magic pill that'll work!!! :laugh:

I know, right? I just couldn't help myself this evening....we must be heading into a full moon or something. Almost every post I checked today was about falling off a diet, or not losing any weight after a week of diet, or how hard dieting is, or wanting information on the perfect diet, and feeling denied on a new diet plan. I've "dieted" before and the weight always comes back...put off "dieting" for a decade because it's so stinking hard to give up things I love and work out until I drop and then....THEN it finally dawned on me! Stop dieting! It's so unbelievably easy to just eat a little less and exercise a little more and I'll be darned...the weight just comes off. It's a miracle!

Do you think I should market this? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Yeah. In a simple way, it is, in a REAL way, it's not, otherwise nobody would be overweight/obese
  • slim4health56
    Options

oh crap! you just ruined my life! :wink:

Oh, not yet I haven't. Wait until you get my bill...uh, make that a monthly subscription and...oh...I'll have to add postage and handling! You'll also want to purchase my deluxe diet kit and all the accessories. THEN I will have ruined your life.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I don't disagree. Kind of like michael pollan's philosophy though...eat food, not too much, mostly plants. And mix that with, everything in moderation. Including moderation. (at least every once in awhile). And also, drink a lotta, lotta h20

Eta: and sometimes a little (or a lot) of wine.
  • Eirene80
    Eirene80 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    ::smacks head:: I had it all backward! I thought it was exercise a little less and eat a little more. :embarassed: I liked my way better. :wink:
  • slim4health56
    Options
    Yeah. In a simple way, it is, in a REAL way, it's not, otherwise nobody would be overweight/obese

I think it is that simple (barring medical conditions). But, given the posts I've seen today, let's also throw in psychological issues, and stress, and family dynamics, and let's also take on the distributors of high fructose corn sweeteners. Oh, and don't forget habit! That's huge!

The point of my post is that losing weight doesn't have to be hard. As a matter of fact, with a small calorie deficit, our bodies respond perfectly and the weight comes off in a nice, healthy stream. I'm not suggesting a starvation deficit (as a matter of fact, that doesn't work either despite seeing posts that indicate that's exactly what some people are doing in an attempt to lose weight). One doesn't need to give up any particular food item or go without a sweet treat (or a glass of wine).

I see so many people looking for that "perfect diet"...lordy...I'm sure you've read what the diet industry is pulling in each year in this country). Consumers try one plan/product/gimmick without adjusting their attitude and the weight comes back on. Plus some. Same with the exercise/fitness DVDs.

Truly, I wasn't being sarcastic in my original post. My heart breaks for folks who struggle with their weight. Been there! What I'm trying to bring to the forefront is that these extremes that we set ourselves up with lead to failure. I wish someone would have grabbed me by the scruff of the neck and given me a good shake 20 years ago when I was "dieting." Diets just don't work (in my not so humble opinion). What is working for me is eating a little less and exercising a little more. No diet, no thinking about food all day, no feelings of deprivation, and no dreadful feeling as I push myself onto the treadmill. It's just a little walk...a little faster and farther than yesterday, but it's still just a little walk. Repeated and repeated and repeated.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I agree with the premise.

But the syntax used kind of suggests that you should keep eating less and less and exercising more and more until you get to the desired results. That is a very bad plan.
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options

I think it is that simple (barring medical conditions). But, given the posts I've seen today, let's also throw in psychological issues, and stress, and family dynamics, and let's also take on the distributors of high fructose corn sweeteners. Oh, and don't forget habit! That's huge!

The point of my post is that losing weight doesn't have to be hard. As a matter of fact, with a small calorie deficit, our bodies respond perfectly and the weight comes off in a nice, healthy stream. I'm not suggesting a starvation deficit (as a matter of fact, that doesn't work either despite seeing posts that indicate that's exactly what some people are doing in an attempt to lose weight). One doesn't need to give up any particular food item or go without a sweet treat (or a glass of wine).

I see so many people looking for that "perfect diet"...lordy...I'm sure you've read what the diet industry is pulling in each year in this country). Consumers try one plan/product/gimmick without adjusting their attitude and the weight comes back on. Plus some. Same with the exercise/fitness DVDs.

Truly, I wasn't being sarcastic in my original post. My heart breaks for folks who struggle with their weight. Been there! What I'm trying to bring to the forefront is that these extremes that we set ourselves up with lead to failure. I wish someone would have grabbed me by the scruff of the neck and given me a good shake 20 years ago when I was "dieting." Diets just don't work (in my not so humble opinion). What is working for me is eating a little less and exercising a little more. No diet, no thinking about food all day, no feelings of deprivation, and no dreadful feeling as I push myself onto the treadmill. It's just a little walk...a little faster and farther than yesterday, but it's still just a little walk. Repeated and repeated and repeated.

I agree. That's why I said that in a simple way it is about eating less exercising more, but in real life there's more than that, you said it, psychological issues, and stress, and family dynamics, so that always makes it more complicated. But yes, once you get your other issues (psychological, strees etc) in control or pushed yourself regardless of those issues, it is ALL about portion control and moving your butt 3 times a week even if it is for a 20 min walk :)
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options

But I thought it required math and a degree in rocket science...:wink:
    oZLVYTA.gif
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    feeling quite lazy lately, so??? not sure I can follow this simple plan :ohwell:
  • gemmalu
    gemmalu Posts: 56 Member
    Options

I don't think this will take off at all. It's so simple - too good to be true. Losing that easily? Has to be one of those fad diets.

Now excuse me, I am off to drink my meal replacement shake whilst wearing a body wrap and sitting on a vibration plate.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

I know, right? I just couldn't help myself this evening....we must be heading into a full moon or something. Almost every post I checked today was about falling off a diet, or not losing any weight after a week of diet, or how hard dieting is, or wanting information on the perfect diet, and feeling denied on a new diet plan. I've "dieted" before and the weight always comes back...put off "dieting" for a decade because it's so stinking hard to give up things I love and work out until I drop and then....THEN it finally dawned on me! Stop dieting! It's so unbelievably easy to just eat a little less and exercise a little more and I'll be darned...the weight just comes off. It's a miracle!

Do you think I should market this? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hahaha. Those posts are every day. Then people get mad when you actually try to help but it's not what they want to hear...

Ah, but I love this post.

funny-sexy-gifs.jpg

3t8vhm.jpg
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Be warned. cease and desist this radical ideas or I will report you to DR Phil.:laugh: