Ugh.

Options
I am soooo sick.

I got a cold from the airconditioner!!!! Also a ragging case of allergies! I can barely breath! Anyone know some awesome remedies that may help. I wasn't able to work out cause I can't breath and I don't want to eat cause nothing tastes!

Help!

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I am soooo sick.

I got a cold from the airconditioner!!!! Also a ragging case of allergies! I can barely breath! Anyone know some awesome remedies that may help. I wasn't able to work out cause I can't breath and I don't want to eat cause nothing tastes!

Help!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    hot showers always help me what I am congested. Hot herbal tea is good too (and calorie free). If you want drugs, I'm a pretty big fan of reactin when my allergies act up.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Alright, I can try some of those. I would stay in a steamy shower all day if it would help but I am on baby duty today. My brother better appreciate me. :grumble:
  • divalovesyou1
    Options
    Drink some tea or eat some broth! Hopefully it will loosen any mucus you may have developed. Drink some water too. Your body needs rest because your immune system is down:smile:

I hope you get well soon :flowerforyou:
  • Rawbrat
    Rawbrat Posts: 26
    Options
    They also sell those things you can put in your shower its with the cold medicine at the stores..... I totally don't remeber what they are called ugh but they are tabs that you put in the bottom of your shower and when it gets wet and the steam from the shower makes it like a vikes vapor or something like that and its awesome so try that.... :bigsmile:
  • carrotstick
    Options
    BEST thing ever for allergies, a cold, congestion, etc..

get a Neti Pot! It was seriously the best purchase I ever made. It is kind of frightening for beginners - just because it's not part of our culture to "irrigate" this way, but in other countries, people do this sort of thing as regularly as they brush their teeth!

I have terrible allergies and even when I get a sore throat, I do a netti pot and I feel human again. I haven't missed a day of work since getting one! I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend it!

http://www.neilmed.com/usa/netipot_adword.php?gclid=CNrozryIuJQCFRdinAodVDd1TA

or just google "neti pot" or "nasal pot"

its weird, but not painful and will help you TONS!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're sick!!! I hope you feel better soon!! Just rest up and take care of yourself.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    I am a giant boogie. Yuck.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will see what I can find at the stores. I am not sure I have time to wait for a Neti Pot but I may look into getting one soon.

Thanks for the well wishes. I'll survive cause I have to get back to working out!!!! I only have a month to put a dent in 2 months of "damage"
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    green tea is the best natural thing for loosing up mucas
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    green tea is the best natural thing for loosing up mucas

Ohhh I love green tea!

You guys are great.... I've been fighting it since Tues so hopefully the end is in sight.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Alright, I have no self control when I am sick and can't taste.
    All day yesterday, I'd eat to see if I could ..."just taste that"
    It was horrible.

Today still no taste but tryin to stay on track.

Drank a lot of tea yesterday and that did help. Thanks!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I am soooo sick.

Help!
    lay off sugar my dear it can aggravate congestion and zinc echinacea vit c will help speed up the cold healing but basically your body has to figt it on its own. as for the allergies, whole foods carries an herbal allergy remmedy that doesnt make you feel all high. That is the best I can do, I have a lil cold myself very minor but enough for me to know to stay home and not contaminate everyone