Need some ideas for trouble days ...

Options
I feel this is going to be a hard day. Only 8 am and I already want to eat the entire house. Haven't had breakfast yet and my mind is already on over drive for what I could have next and next. How do you handle days like that? Need advice please.

Express !

Replies

• Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am anxious to see if anyone has some ideas. This is me a lot! And most times I fail. But go eat some breakfast. That will help!
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Have you lost those 25 lbs since June? If so, your body is probably starving. What is your calorie intake each day?
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Planning in advance is key.

I also usually have some leftovers in the fridge or in the freezer I can cook/reheat/eat cold for a quick meal. Getting over the psychological battle for something "tasty" even though your belly is full is something that comes with time and habit, rather than little tips and tricks - I find.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    High protein foods to fill you up. Eggs and chicken are the best.
  • 3xpr3ss
    3xpr3ss Posts: 13
    Options
    Yes I have lost those 25lbs since June 23, haven't been easy and lots of hard work. My intake is about 1500 cals a day. Since June I have stop my junk food and pop. I'm not starving just feeding my body better choices. It has paid off.
  • Anamika703
    Anamika703 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I think eating breakfast without fail is important.
    I feel the same way in the evenings, specially if I have not worked out, its the mind more than the hunger then...... lets see what can I eat now syndrome?
    A friend of mine just shared....... dont reward yourself with food, thats what we do with our pets, on a lighter note of course
  • 3xpr3ss
    3xpr3ss Posts: 13
    Options
    I think eating breakfast without fail is important.
    I feel the same way in the evenings, specially if I have not worked out, its the mind more than the hunger then...... lets see what can I eat now syndrome?
    A friend of mine just shared....... dont reward yourself with food, thats what we do with our pets, on a lighter note of course

I think it's human nature to reward our self with food. Seem every celebrations, Holidays or achievement we like to celebrate by going out or having some sort of food around. Hard habit to break when everyone around you wish to celebrate that way.
  • JessiesGirls520
    Options
    What helps me-

Planning my day of eating out in advance.

Allowing one small indulgence for what I am craving. (Small portion of dark chocolate, a tsp of almond butter, half a bagel, etc)

Drink lots of water and brewed tea.

Is it that time of the month? If so, I allow myself to go over by 250-300. One day will not hurt consistent calorie deficits.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Extra water helps. Many times we are not hungry but thirsty.
    Assuming you have your macros in line or you would not have lost 3 pounds a week over a period of two months.
    I do remember those early days (even months) when I was hungry "all the time". But that period did pass, as agonizing as it was a the time.
    Nuts and fruits are the snacks of choice in between meals. Going up a bit on your fat intake also helps. Happy journey!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I feel this is going to be a hard day. Only 8 am and I already want to eat the entire house. Haven't had breakfast yet and my mind is already on over drive for what I could have next and next. How do you handle days like that? Need advice please.

Express !

Eat breakfast then you won't be hungry any more....
  • daisygeep
    Options
    For me having a good breakfast with protein is key!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

Express !

Eat breakfast then you won't be hungry any more....

This