Options
1235»

Replies

• h_eloise86
    Options
    I see a difference!
    You are doing a great job.
    Don't let anything get you down.
    You are making an amazing change for the better :)
  • jflynch45
    Options
    Say, I noticed you were blocking the door knob and now.......your not. Looks like your in the same place, too. I think you look GREAT and congradulations!!! (Go to the store and lift a 40 pound bag of something...that will be VERY noticeable)!!! :smile:
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Actually, it is noticeable. Your hands, arms, face and side of your stomach look smaller. Keep it up. It takes time.:smile:

I second this!!! It is noticeable!!! Dont fret, we can see it, even if you cant!!! Normally you cant notice as much as other people!!! Keep up the AWESOME EFFORTS!!!!
  • trickyfoxster710
    trickyfoxster710 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Actually, it is noticeable. Your hands, arms, face and side of your stomach look smaller. Keep it up. It takes time.:smile:

I completely agree. Keep up the good work! You are an inspiration!
  • Kariow
    Kariow Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There is a difference, don't ever let yourself convince you this isn't worth it because you can't see a difference. It is sometimes hard to notice a difference on your own body, versus someone else. I see it especially in your chin, neck and arms...look at that picture again...you will see it. You have accomplished a tremendous feat!
  • Ashykins
    Options
    ...When you start out at nearly 400 lbs.

I've seen some update photos where people have lost 20 pounds and thier difference is amazing. But I've lost over 50 lbs and can't really tell a difference when I look at photos of me then and now. It's a little depressing but I think when you start out weighing as much as I did then it takes a HUGE weight loss before it's even really noticeable.

It's ok though. I can FEEL a difference and my clothes are definitely a lot looser - particularly my jeans.

Anyway, even though there isn't much difference I thought I'd post my update photos. Unfortunately I took my "before" photos after I'd already lost almost 10 lbs. lol So the "before" photo here is of me nearly 10 lbs lighter than my starting weight.

05-02-2010to09-14-2010_Front_Small3.jpg

Starting weight: 385 lbs. (4-25-2010)
    Current weight: 334 lbs. (9-17-2010)
    Goal weight: 140 lbs.

So far I've lost 51 lbs but I still need to do that about 4 more times before reaching goal weight - I have a LONG way to go.

I have worked hard for the past five months to get where I am at and do hope there are some clear visible differences soon. Even people who hadn't seen me in months still can't tell I'm losing weight. lol

Anyway, has anyone else experienced this? Losing a lot of weight and it still not being really noticeable?

Experienced it? I am going through it NOW! Nearly 40 lbs gone and no one notices but not YET! Keyword: Yet, you keep on pushing, b/c I can see the difference!!! Your face, your arms, your tummy! You keep it UP!
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Look who isn't camera shy anymore!! lol There IS a difference I SEE ELBOWS GIRL!! And in your neck, everywhere! I know you'll keep it up Stacy and I will be here with you every step of the way! I am counting on a long walk with you one day AND some homemade soup! :wink:
  • lilmom1
    Options
    I can see it in your arms and neck great job girly!
  • aquavitae30
    Options
    Totally can see the difference, your neck, arms, and hips are smaller. :)
  • gabbygirl37_2001
    gabbygirl37_2001 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    42 lbs is a lot of weight to lose! Good job! You are in inspiration to me to keep going, to hang in there. I compared your pics and yes...I can see a difference. Look at your neck? look at your arms and your hands....and thats only what I could see...I get your
    getting a smaller butt too! lol. I can definately see it!
    Dont get discouraged. People sometimes dont notice much because you may see them often and its harder to tell if you see someone all the time. Other people...might not notice...just because they don't pay attention to that sort of thing.
    The important things is....you notice. You are doing this for You, and you are the one who have to feel it.

Keep it up girl.....you're doing great! You look fabulous....and every day is one step closer to your goal.

Jackie
  • superdre
    superdre Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow, I think losing 42 lbs is amazing! :-) You can see a difference and you can feel a difference. I'm trying my hardest just to lose 20. You should be proud! :-)
  • tjislovinglife
    tjislovinglife Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I see a difference keep up the good work please keep me posted:flowerforyou:
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I see a difference, Stacy, especially in your chin and your sides! You are doing an AWESOME job! Keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • curvykent
    curvykent Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I just want to "ditto" what everyone else has said I can definitely relate to your feelings and body image issues. I lost 25 pounds and after telling some people they seemed surprised. Uh that hurt. Hurt bad. But you know I'm not losing this weight for a reaction out of people. I'm doing this for me, I am doing this so that I can feel sexy, healthy, and alive again. Congrats on your milestone. Give yourself a reward (not food) for each ten pounds lost & don't let the goal disappear. You're an inspiration!
  • byrdhouse2006
    Options
    I can tell a difference!! You have accomplished alot over the past several months ~ Congratulations on a job well done!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!