Forcing myself to Eat Calories !

Options
I never dreamed about 2 months ago when i started this and was eating probably over 3000+ calories and cut myself down to 1600 most days im under 1400. However sometimes i have days like today and where i eat throughout the day and im not really all that hungry and i add in this stuff in the evening after dinner and ive ate around 800 calories and this site yells at me. So now im forcing myself to find stuff to eat that is HEALTHY to put me just over 1200 so this thing stops yelling at me.
How often does this happen for people and do you just close it and let it yell at you?

Replies

• tessjordan88
    tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Nuts!! :) Keep nuts on hand to fill in those calories. They are high-calorie "healthy fat" and good for your heart!
  • ebert5150
    ebert5150 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Not sure. My weight goal is 185 pounds and I get 1800 calories a day. I can't imagine eating less than that. On most days I exercise and eat around 2500. I guess it's fine as long as your taking in the amount of calories your body needs but I'd be careful about eat too few. At 1200 to 1400 are you even eating your bmr in calories?
  • KariNich85
    Options
    To lose my weight, MPF gave me a calorie intake of 1400 and I do have trouble reaching it on some days.. my issue is usually in eating enough, not in eating too much... nuts are a really good source of high cal food that's still healthy
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Try to spread out the cals thru the day. If you have to, eat a huge breakfast and then you can skim the rest of the day pretty easy.
  • VCStarr
    VCStarr Posts: 155
    Options
    Happens to me ALL the time. My sister in law gets mad at me for staying under, but I can't eat any more! What do I do force the food down? I make sure i have multivitamins daily just in case though :)
  • Lol I almost always stay within 800-900 on a good day. I get hungrier if I eat more, so I just kinda deal with it. I really see nothing wrong...
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat. :) Or.. for more calories... pb on ww with a banana.

Olive oil adds in good calories too. Add it on a salad, drizzle it over veggies, stir it into oatmeal...
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    No law says you have to do anything. Always listen to your body over any numbers. It smarter than you think. If your not hungry and had your required daily nutriments, then don't worry about it.
  • josh6603
    Options
    Avocado is a high calorie healthy snack. They are packed with lots of good stuff nutrition wise.
  • squishyjenn
    squishyjenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Same deal here. Right now I'm forcing myself and I feel so guilty afterwards. What I suggest is to make higher calorie meals all day to even out to what you should expect.
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    happens to me too!

Almonds are my secret weapon along with protein shakes.