What am I doing wrong?

Options
2»

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    nothing there says she lost 5 pounds
    maybe you aren't eating enough calories???

She has an active ticker......
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    What makes these threads so entertaining sometimes are the responses.

Do you wish to lose weight, what the OP was referring to--eat at 20% of TDEE--simple. A pound a week initially is ideal and as you get closer to goal modify your profile to go to 1/2 a pound a week to continue toward the goal. It took time to put the weight on it will take time to remove it. Hopefully people understand they need to change their eating behavior in order for long term success.
  • 4People
    4People Posts: 7
    Options
    The ticker says a 5 lb loss but that was a high and my weight wasn't that high when I started working out. I've been up and down for no real reasons in that 5 lb range for awhile. The weight I am at now is what is the "high" low for me and it isn't moving

I haven't been measuring and I will start. How depressing was THAT! oh well as someone said this weight didn't come on all at one time and it won't come off. I am addicted to the scale and want to see it move.

I am for the first time enjoying working out which I think is good. I feel fitter and better.

I love that site and got some good information, though it says I should eat 2096 calories a day. I am lower. I am not eating back all of the calories I am burning off but those calories burned off seem high to me.

I don't know how to open up my reports though I would be happy to.

I will be meeting with a trainer tomorrow. I hope he can help me balance cardio with strength and then hopefully the measuring tape and the scale will move.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    It's not too high.

Don't track exercise calories or eat them back using In Place Of A Roadmap. You WILL lose weight.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    PS

Sweat /=/ effective workout.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    PS

Sweat /=/ effective workout.

This is true. I sweat a ton during...well, never mind the actual activity, but the point is just because I'm sweating five minutes in doesnt make it an effective workout.
  • littlesprite11
    littlesprite11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You should definitely be eating at least 1500 calories or more of healthy food..also give it some time you will get there!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    maybe your not logging right. I know that my mom will pour herself a huge glass of wine, and then log it as a 4 oz glass of wine. I weight / measure EVERYTHING!!! maybe you are not being 100% accurate with your logging...
  • 4People
    Options
    THANK YOU everyone. I am not typically a "sweater" even when I worked in the horse business many years ago I was never much of a sweater. Of course I was working hard all day every day and so didn't have a weight problem.

I will work on drinking more water.

I have been measuring but will do a more consistant job of it

I am not a wine drinker or a soda drinker. I have a beer maybe once or twice a month. I have a son who is disabled I don't have time to have a hangover and any commercially produced wine will give me a hangover.

I am going to connect with a personal trainer this week. I have a call into him now and I want to find a doctor who specializes in weight loss but is NOT a pill pusher. I am not looking to connect with speed but I do want to check to make sure my hormones and such are not sidetracking my efforts.

THANK YOU

Susan
  • 4People
    Options
    Checking in to fill you in on what is going on. I started working out with a personal training. Picked up some great tips and some good moves and exercises I should be doing and am now doing. Also changed the order in how I was doing my workouts. I also saw a nutritionist. I found out that my insurance will pay for 6 visits a year. She tweaked my diet, reducing carbs, increasing protein, more veggies than fruits, more water.... and I am now loosing. I also looked back and found a list of my measurements from May and I am actually down a lot of inches even though the scale hadn't moved much. Thank you everyone. On my way to be a healthy size, weight and fitness level!!!
    :bigsmile: