NSV: Jeans!

Options
jobee3
jobee3 Posts: 35 Member
I don't wear jeans that much anymore, so even though all of my clothes are firmly in the "regular" sizes now, I still had 2 pairs of jeans that I bought last year that were plus size (on the small end, but still had that damn W after the number). I put off trying on jeans because a) I hardly ever wear them and b) I didn't want to get frustrated since traditionally I've always had to go up a size in jeans anyway.

Yesterday I finally bit the bullet and went to the Gap to try some on. I was a little nervous and even more nervous because Gap changed their sizing system for jeans since the last time I paid attention and I had no idea what "number" I was. I grabbed a pair, went into the dressing room, and...voila! They totally fit with zero issues (except length)!! I actually started jumping up and down in the dressing room. :-)

I wanted to buy them on the spot but they didn't have short length in store. :-( But please believe I came home and ordered those suckers online immediately, lol!

It's been a slow and steady process, but, as a former retail manager, being completely 100% back in regular sizes is a major win for me. Shopping is actually fun again - now I just have to shake that anxiety I still sometimes get when I go into stores worrying that nothing will fit (because it does now).

Replies

• AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    What an awesome story - congrats to you!
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Congratulation! You'll rock those jeans!
  • cmsgrant
    cmsgrant Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!
  • appifanie
    appifanie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! And I'm 5', so I understand the short jeans issue :D Short pants are usually still long on me.
  • ThinHealthySexy
    ThinHealthySexy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That is great, congratulations! Jeans are my NSV too! :smile:

Well, that and a bikini :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!