New over-weight vegan member! *Hello*

Options
Hi!

I'm new to MFP!

I used to be pretty fortunate person in that I could eat what I want and stay in shape but I did a lot of sports, not really to get fit but more for the fun of them. I had a pretty bad accident just over two years ago and broke my back. Since then I've been piling on weight and without realising it am about 4 stone heavier.

I'm just starting to get back into sports but it has been hard to find the motivation initially! I was away in America for 3 months and did nothing but eat (and drink - my biggest downfall) but since I have been back have gradually been increasing my exercise and motivation to exercise each day. Hoping that sticks!

I have been vegan for just over two years but had cut out diary before this and vegetarian for nearly 20 years now, I generally avoid processed foods and enjoy cooking lots of new and exciting things. Unfortunately that also includes sweet things (vegan baking is definitely a hobby of mine) - must remember to share these with others more :/

I was really surprised just with a few days of logging my food on MFP how under I come on calories etc. I would have guessed it would have been the opposite - seems like so much food though! Not sure how I would increase my food content - although I can be really bad and forget lunch or have breakfast some days :(

Having just started Insanity and signed up for a 5K in October - hoping this will leave me feeling a lot healthier!

Anyway, that's me and my story for joining.

Hope to meet some like-minded people to meet along the journey back to being fit :)

Replies

• ThinHealthySexy
    ThinHealthySexy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And wow, big ups for recovering from breaking your back and still wanting to be better, regardless :smile:

I agree, it's amazing how useful it can be to simply log your intake, but for me it was the opposite: I never realised how much I was eating (and drinking too :wink: :drinker:) before.

Oh, I am Vegetarian, hoping to make the transition to Vegan :smile:
  • kitchera
    kitchera Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

I'm vegan too and joined MFP very recently. I'm doing 30 day shred and couch to 10k, with the odd gym lass thrown in now and again.

I want to lose about a stone, mainly off my middle.

I hate counting calories, I find it makes me a "angsty" so I want to lose weight through increased exercise and general activity.
    Good lick and see you on the boards!
  • lynalinda
    lynalinda Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello ! Welcome to MFP ! I'm also an overweight vegan haha ( but i was fat even before i went vegan so). I lost 18lb since may without really restricting myself. I try to eat whole foods and as natural as possible, lots of fruit and veg, and it works for me ! Feel free to add me