Long way to go...

Options
Hey everyone. My name is Maddy and I'm a first timer here. I've got a lot of weight to lose and I'm starting slow. I have the lap band from 2006 but I recently had to let the band loose because I gave birth in April to my first child. I've gained all the weight lost from the band back and then some. I'm weighing right now more than I have ever weighed in my entire life and it's really depressing. I'm hoping that this site, along with a few other things will help me reach my goal of 150 lbs to lose. (told ya it was alot!). I hope there are alot of supportive people on here, because I'm gonna need it!
Thanks and I hope everyone reaches their goal safely!
Maddy

Replies

• TristaVan
    TristaVan Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just had a baby as well and I can relate. I am the heaviest I have ever been and I let myself go during the pregnancy. I need to lose 70lbs. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want some support.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    welcome
    this is a great site for encouragement, motivation and lots of great information. Just hang in there. Keep tracking your calories and exercise. You can do it
  • emalethbane
    emalethbane Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    thanks themommie! Glad to be here!
  • candlegal
    candlegal Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi Maddy, Welcome, feel free to add me too. I started MFP Aug 9th this year. I love this site. Everyone is super supportive and encouraging. If you have questions or don't understand something just ask or post the question and you will get answers like crazy! Everyone is so willing to help! I need to lose about 70lbs but I have been battling my weight all my life. I can totally relate to the pregnancy weight, I'm probably still carrying around some of that and my youngest is 17yrs!!! Get a handle on it now my dear because the older you get the harder it is to lose!!! I will be cheering for you!! Good luck to you, YOU CAN DO IT!:happy:

Julie:flowerforyou:
  • YourFriendBecky
    Options
    I have the same amount to lose. I've been putting on weight year after year and it's gotten to be a more and more overwhelming amount. I started on here just 4 weeks ago, though, and 13 pounds are already gone! I haven't even done any exercise yet and I'm still eating all my favorite foods, just counting them!

Look at it this way... we're 150 miles from home, and we can either sit in one place and be depressed about it, or we can start driving, eh? Just think of it like a journey, and celebrate each mile that gets you closer to home.

Feel free to friend me!
  • carfam07
    carfam07 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    HI, Maddie. Feel free to add me to if you would like. With all five of my pregnancies, I let myself go and then didn't take the weight off after each baby was born. But, it's never too late to take off the weight, and I am working hard now for myself. Good luck in your journey. I am confident you will do great!!
  • hmrtym
    hmrtym Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This is a great site for encouragement! The MFPeople have a wealth of knowledge if you ask! I am sending a friend request :)
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    Hi Maddy! You've come to the right place... I'm a newbie, but already I feel the love, and am inspired to do my best! :-)
  • emalethbane
    Options

Look at it this way... we're 150 miles from home, and we can either sit in one place and be depressed about it, or we can start driving, eh? Just think of it like a journey, and celebrate each mile that gets you closer to home.

I love that analogy! That is awesome! Thanks so much!
  • emalethbane
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the wonderful words of encouragement! I'm so happy to be around such wonderfully inspiring people and I KNOW we can all do this!
  • naguilar210
    Options
    You've come to the right place for support!
    This is going to be an amazing journey for you.
    One thing to remember, and will get you through, DONT be too hard on yourself.
    If you feel you've messed up, just get through it and start right back up again.
    Some would disagree with what I say, but believe me, it definitely takes the pressure off.
    Your life is going to change from this point on, make small reasonable goals for yourself, and before you know it, you will be down those 150 pounds.
    If I can lose 85 pounds from Feb 1, 2010, then ANYONE can do it!
  • runrgrrl
    runrgrrl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: most of us have been there...overweight...and no matter the number on the scale that you want to lose its always a tough change. There is alot of emotional stuff that is tied to weight gain and the inability to lose it.

Add lots of friends, see everyones posts, log EVERY SINGLE THING YOU PUT IN YOUR MOUTH!!! That is key...tracking the food.

You can do it and we are all here to support you.
  • mykaar74
    Options
    Welcome Maddy, congrats on the baby. I am new to the site myself (2 weeks) and I tell you so far it has been very empowering, motivating and inspiring knowing that the people here have or are dealing with what you have or are dealing with. I have only lost one pound since the last weighin in my first week but even with that I felt so good because I believe the ppl here really care, sympathize, and understand. Shucks I've always tried to get healthy but after two weeks or so I just get down, feel unsupported by friends and family, then quit. I'm not sure if you've ever ran, or woud like to but a year ago I took up running, and I was actually surprised that that was the one thing I liked, and have tried to stick to because there is just something freeing about it. The site has a running program called C25k that seems to be a great beginning for beginners, and event training. I wish you all the best on your journey, and if I can offer any support please feel free to ask.

And I just like the fact that on this site you don't have to know the ppl (as I know none of them) and they see genuinely interested in being a supportive, motivator in your efforts. The people here are here for you. Shucks you've already achieved the hardest part and that's reaching out & getting started .... :-)
  • emalethbane
    Options
    You guys are so amazingly awesome! I feel better already! LOL. Keep it up ladies and I really appreciate the encouragement!!
  • KimikoAnne
    Options
    I know how rough it can be! I've been 100 lbs over weight myself. It's a long journey, but we're here for you :D You can do it!
  • Jolly2000
    Options
    Hey,,,know what 150 maybe kinda lot but absolutely possible ,,,just don't keep in your mind that you have to lose 150 lbs,,,,I think you should keep in your mind that you have to wake up every day feeling thiner and healthier than the other day ,,,for your sake and your child sake :)
    we all here for you