First time trying the eat 100 calorie an hour diet

Options

Replies

• TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I think it sounds like the beginning of an eating disorder.

Seriously, it's bad enough weighing and measuring an entire meal, yet alone trying to make sure each portion is 100 calories exactly. You'll probably find yourself grabbing '100 calorie snack packs' as a quick alternative and missing nutrients elsewhere.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    facebook-like-thumbs-down.png
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    facebook-like-thumbs-down.png

facebook_like_button_big.jpg
  • Dersasaurus
    Dersasaurus Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'd prefer to eat 100 calories in a matter of minutes. And then some more. Then stop when I have eaten enough to make myself feel full. And then log those calories on here and see how many I have left for the day. Then eat those calories whenever I feel like it. Oh, wait, I think that's what the typical person does and it's called A SIMPLE CALORIE RESTRICTION.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    If you didn't have a job...or a life...or anything else to do ever...AND you could sit home letting the clock tick away waiting for the 12 to click each hour AND had the time to pre-plan 16 snacks in advance and agreed to never have a real meal...This would be doable. Perhaps one of the more unrealistic plans I have ever seen. :tongue:
    tumblr_mi1mc5jkQd1rqfhi2o1_500_zps96723f72.gif
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    What a silly idea
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    That's not entirely true Anna. I eat more now than I used to when I was fat. Yet I continue to lose weight. 1, I eat healthier, much much healthier. And 2, I exercise a lot. A minimum of 60 minutes of cardio a day. I hate blanket statements that include the word "ONLY". You can't possibly have taken every single possible option into account.

Calories in, calories out. She should have said the only diet that works is the one that creates a calorie deficit but she's right. You're able to eat more now because you exercise more and create a bigger deficit. Congrats on the weight loss though, that's fantastic and a great example of why you don't need complicated fad diets.

OP - come on now. Have you looked around the site at all? Do you see what people say about crazy diets and have you read the success stories? If you have time to eat 100 cals an hour (which is cray cray, by the way, what happens when portion control gets out of whack and you start eating 300 cals/hour instead?) you certainly have time to exercise. Set yourself up for success, not failure!

Eta: I just read the link.........

LOL
  • SwellyStyles
    Options
    That sounds stressful, wouldn't try it.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    "Eat 100 calories of greens a day - Helps you Poop"

Sage advice. Clearly the creator of this diet is a genius, having figured out the true secret to weight loss.

:noway:

*EYEROLL*
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    For me, I don't believe this would work. With my work schedule changing I'm not able to just stop and have 100 calorie snacks 6-8 times while I'm at work. I doubt I'd remember to eat every hour on the hour at home either. If you, the OP, does decide to try this I wish you well though. I just think it's a bit over complicated for me.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    I could see doing it for a week or two as a way to correct this issues:

"Constant overeating will gradually increase the size of your stomach due to excessive stretching of the stomach muscles. Eventually, you will need to eat much more to feel satisfied. "

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3240396.stm

That is of course assuming that is accurate. I think it might be. Ever get sick and not be able to eat much for a few days, then notice for a bit after that you feel full faster, until you get used to it again? Still, I can't see doing this for any length of time. Too annoying to nibble something once every hour and then stop.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    If you didn't have a job...or a life...or anything else to do ever...AND you could sit home letting the clock tick away waiting for the 12 to click each hour AND had the time to pre-plan 16 snacks in advance and agreed to never have a real meal...This would be doable. Perhaps one of the more unrealistic plans I have ever seen. :tongue:
    tumblr_mi1mc5jkQd1rqfhi2o1_500_zps96723f72.gif

QFT....and the gif
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Nope. And it sounds silly.
  • Dersasaurus
    Dersasaurus Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    "Eat 100 calories of greens a day - Helps you Poop"

Sage advice. Clearly the creator of this diet is a genius, having figured out the true secret to weight loss.

:noway:

*EYEROLL*

Whoa! So I won't poop if I don't eat exactly 100 calories of greens in a day?!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    61NP06M29XL__SL500_AA300__zps90045e5a.jpg
    Also known as the Giant Panda Diet. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jaymie_x0
    jaymie_x0 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    the only diet that works is 'eat less' diet :) no miracles, no shortcuts

^ THIS
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Having to eat 100 calories every hour completely negates the concept of intuitive eating.
  • sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Most of the meals and snacks I eat are over 100 calories, I'd have no chance. Also preparing and eating food every hour for 16 hours when would you have time to go for a walk or do any exercise, or do anything else for that matter.
    My thoughts exactly In trying to live a healthy lifestyle so much time is spent on planning exercise and meals that those things would never get done.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    61NP06M29XL__SL500_AA300__zps90045e5a.jpg
    Also known as the Giant Panda Diet. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Brilliant
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    That's not entirely true Anna. I eat more now than I used to when I was fat. Yet I continue to lose weight. 1, I eat healthier, much much healthier. And 2, I exercise a lot. A minimum of 60 minutes of cardio a day. I hate blanket statements that include the word "ONLY". You can't possibly have taken every single possible option into account.

Have you contacted a research university so they can study you and figure out how your body is different from every other human's?