Diet "Soda" which looks ok... opinions people??

Options
Just discovered

"Waterfords Natuaral Mineral Waters"....

And they look too good to be true!!! And it Tastes really good too!! Not too sweet! =D

Nutrition Table
Per cup (250ml)

Cals: 6
Protein: 0
Fat: -Total: 0
- Sat: 0
Carbs: 1.5g
- Sugars: 1.5g
Sodium: 25mg

Ingredients:
Carbonated Mineral Water, Reconstituted juices [lemon (4.5%), Lime (0.5%)], Flavour, Sweetners (952, 950,955), Preservative (211), Food Acid (330), Colour (122)

I know that Water rocks and is the best thing to drink daily, but I am thinking to drink this on the occasions I feel like something fizzy (which isnt very often)... But I am not so great with Ingredients as yet, but thought this looked pretty good...

I am rarely drinking anything other than water and coffee now, I used to drink nothing but cordial and fizzy drinks!!!

Please let me know what you think?? Also what you drink to "Mix it Up" occasionally??

Replies

• rfialkiewicz
    rfialkiewicz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    That's actually really good! The sodium's not too bad at all.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I would want to know what the sweetners are though. I have tried different flavored waters, bubbly waters and bottled waters. Just prefer the filtered water out of the fridge. That and my coffee! lol Never have been one for soda (reg or diet) or sweet drinks in general.
  • kathleenpenrod
    kathleenpenrod Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just check what those sweeteners are. Although I stick to my guns that none of them are good (except maybe the plant - derived ones), aspartame is the one that has the science to back up its bad rap - enhances depression can cause bloating and metabolism problems....ew!
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Sweetners are :

950 - Acesulphame Potassium Acesulphame K
    952 - Acesulfame Potassium
    955 - Sucralose

Does that help??
  • salemgrayhound77
    Options
    i found a soda replacement that taste great and has 0 everything no sodium calories
    its called Clear America
    it can be found at any Wal-mart in the drinks area range from 33 fl.oz to two leters and the price ranges from 50 to 70 cents for the 33fl.oz worth it
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    i found a soda replacement that taste great and has 0 everything no sodium calories
    its called Clear America
    it can be found at any Wal-mart in the drinks area range from 33 fl.oz to two leters and the price ranges from 50 to 70 cents for the 33fl.oz worth it

That sounds fantastic!!! However I cant buy that as Im in Australia!! =*( no Wal-Marts here....
  • salemgrayhound77
    Options
    foiled again lol