Logging Zumba?

Options
Hi everyone,

Going to my first Zumba class tonight and wondered what I should log it as in my exercise diary?
-x-x-

Replies

• Kezzarama
    Options
    Hi there i love Zumba!! I log it as dancing in my exercise diary, goodluck and have fun! :happy:
  • samkim
    Options
    Hi
    I would say log this as dancing - I have been before it's great
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) Hoping that I enjoy it as much as everyone says I will hehe!
    -x-x-
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I log mine as Zumba... hehehe Have a look in the exercise database and it should be there! =)

Im 5'6 and weigh 202lbs and burn approx 600-700 cals an hour! =)
  • morrigu
    Options
    i wore my HRm For it im 226 and 5.7 i burned 591 cals in the time of the class
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Wow they're great burns girls!! :)

Can't wait! Will go and have a look in the database for Zumba - didn't think it would be listed!
    -x-x-
  • SuzMcH
    SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Last time I looked Zumba wasn't listed so I've been logging as aerobic dance.
    Hope you enjoy, it's great fun.
  • SuzMcH
    SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I just looked again and couldn't find Zumba on database. If you find it let me know. Ta.
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    I'm pretty sure we can't add new exercises to the public database. When you create a new exercise (like I assume Megsta did for Zumba) it goes into your personal exercise list and not onto the public database.

With Zumba being so popular I think the site admin(s) should add it to the public database but that may mean finding some sort of average calorie burn data which may not be available right now. Of course I am just speculating here.
  • Ktroddey
    Ktroddey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add it to your personal database. I am a Zumba instructor and I wear my HRm to keep track of calories burned and heart rate. On average, I burn anywhere between 700 and 900 calories an hour. I weigh approx 150, and am 5'6. Good luck and have a blast.
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    I'm 5'5", 222 and log an hour of Zumba as 600 cal. WHEN I know I'm giving it my all. (Effort matters :wink: )

My girlfriend is 210, 5'6" and wore her bodybugg during class. We put in the same effort and it told her she burned 775 calories durning the hour. So, I downed it a bit to keep it real.
  • evansmom16
    Options
    I found on the database a jazzercise option. That is what I am using to log my Zumba time. I currently do Zumba 4 days a week and estimate I burn about 700 calories a class. Hope this helps!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Do you guys do Zumba in a gym or at home? I was thinking of getting the Zumba DVD's but I don't know if they are the same. The reason I say this is because Chalene who made Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire for home use also made Turbo Kick...people think that Jam and Kick are the same thing, but since I am an instructor for TK and I have the TJ DVD's, I can honestly say that they are different and that the club version TK is much more intense. Maybe I should just find a club out there that does Zumba near me?